Respect for Wheelies...

This is a discussion on Respect for Wheelies... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by hsuCowboy98 He may not respect the wheelie, but he will respect that .44 size entry wound in his chest. Funny that you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Respect for Wheelies...

Quote Originally Posted by hsuCowboy98
    He may not respect the wheelie, but he will respect that .44 size entry wound in his chest.
    Funny that you say that but according to your profile you carry 9mm, 40 and .45 autos...

I really don't think a BG cares one way or the other. Like another poster said I would not take the time to assess what somebody is pointing at me. be it a .25 or a .50 AE I'm diving for cover and drawing my weapon!

2. Remove Ads

I had not given much thought to the appearance of my carry weapon. After thinking about it I am not sure if it is relavant. If a confrontation with someone bent on doing harm gets to the point the snubbie is out, the chances are good that it is too late for further negotiation..

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Funny that you say that but according to your profile you carry 9mm, 40 and .45 autos..

I carry autos, but I have an affinity for wheelguns, and carry in my vehicle both .357 and .44 cal. wheelies depending on my mood.

I also own several "cowboy action" revolvers , but they dont see any carry time.
    Fear No Evil.

But, if they had any brains, they wouldn't be bad guys.
    Not necessarily true. Some of the smartest people I've known were formal (or present) criminals. The famous painting "The Scream" was stolen by a crook, but obviously not by an idiot since it's never been recovered.

Honestly, I think the BGs would be just as scared by a revolver as by an auto....

...Unless we're talking Mall-Ninja bad guys who carry ceramic plates that'll probably stop any "revolver bullet", but not a Glock 9. :)

HighVelocity...looking at your avatar, I'd guess you were with the 101st, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    Do BG's even respect wheel guns anymore. Now, I carry my 637 all the time, but with the popularity of automatics do the BG's even respect the revolver, in terms of knowing the damage they can cause. Chime in, whats your take?
    Yeah, I work with some of these guys. The kids on the street are well aware that most wheel guns carry a greater punch than alot of auto's. In my area they seem to revere the .357 Magnum, even have a slang name for it.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredMcLaughlin
    Yeah, I work with some of these guys. The kids on the street are well aware that most wheel guns carry a greater punch than alot of auto's. In my area they seem to revere the .357 Magnum, even have a slang name for it.
    And they should, there are some "bada$$" hand cannons out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links