Respect for Wheelies...

This is a discussion on Respect for Wheelies... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do BG's even respect wheel guns anymore. Now, I carry my 637 all the time, but with the popularity of automatics do the BG's even ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Respect for Wheelies...

Respect for Wheelies...

Do BG's even respect wheel guns anymore. Now, I carry my 637 all the time, but with the popularity of automatics do the BG's even respect the revolver, in terms of knowing the damage they can cause. Chime in, whats your take?
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

They better. If not, 158gr hollow point should educate them...
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Looking down the barrel of the .357mag, or the .44mag, they had better get some respect or it's Darwin's theory of evolution at work here.

You'd think that they would respect any firearm, especially if it was pointed at them! But, if they had any brains, they wouldn't be bad guys.

I bet they would when they see the red laser dot attached to their center mass...LOL

Lead poisoning can be easily administrated by either. It'd be nice to wave your pistola and have the bad guy run, but if you're counting on it, you are making a serious mistake!

I'm _sure_ that my P3AT doesn't look very intimidating... but it'll punch holes in the bad guy all the same.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Irrelevant.

If they don't respect your wheelie, and they persist in threatening activities, shoot'em.

Six times.

"Make my day"

I'd be intimidated by this....

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barnowl52
    You'd think that they would respect any firearm, especially if it was pointed at them! But, if they had any brains, they wouldn't be bad guys.
    There is that, most are actually fairly smart. But have no respect for anyone or anything. And other than themselves, they don't care for much. So I never figure that the B/G is stupid. If you do, you might very well play right into his hand. Someone approaches me that I don't know, they had better slow up and stay back from my comfort zone. And FYI, a southerner's comfort zone is a greater distance than a lot of other places. Notice the distance that people stand and interact with each other. In the south it's mostly much further than arms length. I've been up north, had to ask direction, had the guy backing me all over the parking lot. He's trying to get up close to talk to me, and I'm backing up trying to talk to him. Had a pretty good dance going on there.

I get a little irritated when folks get too close. I will put my arm out or tell them to stop if they're making me uncomfortable. I'm not shy but some people get waaaay too close.

Back on topic, I'm not sure a BG would even notice what was pointed at him other than it's a gun. THe muzzle is the business end and if the business end is pointed at me, I'd take it very seriously, even if it was an RG, Raven or a Jennings. Getting shot is getting shot. Just because it's not a Glock Fo-Tay doesn't make it less lethal.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Respect for anything ??? Talking to lots of people I find that a hellovallot of the guys and gals that feel that they are street tough/street wise will litterly crap their pants when a pistol or revo is very(very !!) offensively shoved up against their forehead or eye socket.

Now don't get me wrong. We here cannot count on this. But if the BG is fairly intellegent and you are very loud,forcefull,nasty mouthed,and wild eyed,with the "determined look" on your face...it could be nothing but helpful for your cause.

I have played the part of the BG during my training of women,and believe me,some of them are very convienceing. I have also litterly been the GG and this very agressive tactic works wonders. But to make it work, you gotta be ready,willing,and determined to shoot. This,believe me,will be silently conveyed to the BG's. ---------

Having dealt with lots of bangers- No. At least no more so than any other handgun. And. If (for whatever reason) they really want what you have, your limitations are clear- they will probably have the option of suppressive fire (the aforementioned "Glock Fo'Tay"), you don't.

Most of them have been shot several times. They don't care for it, but they certainly know it's been survivable, up to this point.

Lead Moderator
    I would think they would respect anything that can do that much damage. I know I do.
    But what if the revo is a NAA .22? I sometimes wonder if anyone would realize what it was in the heat of an arguement/confrontation till it went bang.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    He may not respect the wheelie, but he will respect that .44 size entry wound in his chest.
    Fear No Evil.

VIP Member
    I think it was rapper "50 cent" who's all cocky, thinking he's invincible because he was shot several times in his limbs with a small caliber handgun and survived.

I think it's that same cockiness that has thugs stand fearless in the face of someone with a gun, whether that gun is a revolver or semiauto - either they've always had the other person back down, or they've survived because of the other person's bad aim.

If the thug can't see my determination to use what I've got in self-defense, woe on him.

I've always thought revolvers look more intimidating, because you can see a cylinder full of the business end you're going to get filled up with.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links