Would you make this trade?

This is a discussion on Would you make this trade? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a chance to trade my M&P 45 FS for a new Walther PPQ + cash. The trigger on the PPQ is better than ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Would you make this trade?

I have a chance to trade my M&P 45 FS for a new Walther PPQ + cash. The trigger on the PPQ is better than most run of the mill 1911's. The fit is great and fits my hand perfectly. I was going to have a trigger kit installed in the M&P but the Walther would never need it. What would you do?
    Frank.

JD
    Administrator
    I'd probably be pretty tempted, but I'd take a look around at holster selection for the PPQ first and see what's available.

The PPQ is amazing....and I have never been amazed by any gun before...the quality, reliability, and durability are superb....all german made...all depends on how much cash...PPQ should be new for $585- $625....

By the way, the black hawk serpa for the Walther P99 fits the PPQ perfectly...

Thanks for the posts guys. I have to tell you, this thing is a beauty. The trigger is beyond belief, I like my M&P but this is hard to turn my back on.
    Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by SGFvr View Post
    The PPQ is amazing....and I have never been amazed by any gun before...the quality, reliability, and durability are superb....all german made...all depends on how much cash...PPQ should be new for $585- $625....
    How do you assess "superb durability" on a gun that hasn't been on the market more than 8 or 9 months?
    smolck likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

good luck with finding mags for the PPQ. Walther mags for my PPS were $42/each on Midway USA, and it took about six months before I could find any that were less than $60 each....and that was for a gun that had been out for several years.
    I would think that PPQ mags are gonna be tough to find and very expensive when you do find them. Total deal breaker for me as I'm a mag hog, and ususally have at least ten for my carry weapons. Ater my PPS, I just scratched Walther off my watch list.....besides, I have two Glock 19's that are keeping me company as I write this, so not feeling all giddy about the PPQ. I also think that the M&P is just about the best .45 polymer pistol on the market right now, so I would have a hard time trading that one for anything.....but that's me. Your cash, your pistol collection. Good luck.
    bigdog44 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

The PPQ is mostly/essentially a P99 which has been out and perfected for many years...2 mags are included with gun, ...magazines can be found made by magnum research?, originaly for P99...many are buying them no problem fit and run perfect in the PPQ...check out the waltherforums.com "PPQ section" for more details on the mags and gun...

Quote Originally Posted by SGFvr View Post
    The PPQ is mostly/essentially a P99 which has been out and perfected for many years...2 mags are included with gun, ...magazines can be found made by magnum research?, originaly for P99...many are buying them no problem fit and run perfect in the PPQ...check out the waltherforums.com "PPQ section" for more details on the mags and gun...
    checked all my ususal discount mag sites, and here is a good one for Walther mags
    P99 mags work in the PPQ then go here for P99 mags......$42 each.

http://www.ombexpress.com/c-233-hand...s.aspx#Filter=[ManufacturerID=13*ava=0]
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I would make that trade any day.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I would trade right away before they change their mind.

I like the M&P line and am a huge Smith and Wesson fan so I am biased. I would not trade. Sounds like you already made up your mind though, and came here for reassurance. Just do it if it makes you happy. Variety is the spice of life.

I haven't had a chance to check out the PPQ yet, but if the M&P 45 is anything like my M&P 9c, I think I'd pass.... I'm probably gonna be picking up the M&P.45 later this year. I had almost given up on the autoloader, that was until I tried the M&P. Just my two cents though. You're the only one that can really know if it's worth it or not.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    In case you haven't already seen it, here's a review I recently did of the PPQ. In short, I think it's a great handgun. The trigger certainly impressed me as did the accuracy of the pistol.

Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Administrator
    As I have stated on previous occasions. Super Great Video. =

And I would jump on that trade if you have not already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links