gotta new toy!!

gotta new toy!!

This is a discussion on gotta new toy!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am proud to say I got my first 1911! I am so stoked! I have looked and looked and didn't want to spend thousands ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: gotta new toy!!

Red face gotta new toy!!

I am proud to say I got my first 1911! I am so stoked! I have looked and looked and didn't want to spend thousands on one,especially my first one. So after much debate I came home from my local gun shop a proud owner of a Ruger SR1911. I love it so much. My first ruger also. I was torn between it and a m&p 9c but being that I have a m&p 45 and a lot of other carry guns....I went with a classic. Its finish is great and the overall quality of the gun is great. And one of the more important things for me anyways is that every pin screw and so forth are American made 100%. This has been a big factor for me when choosing my spikes tactical ar15, m&p 45, Kelly tec and so on. OK I'm done just wanted to brag. I feel like I just bought into a different class!

Congratulations! I should be getting my 1st 1911 in December or January. American made as well...Kimber. Good luck w/ it. Post some pics when you get a chance.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Will do. Yea I looked at those as well they are really nice giluns but just a little pricy for me. Well the standard model could be had for what I payed but I think you get way more bang for your Buck with the ruger. Also the ones I looked at were small and from what I read that CAN cause reliability issues. My buddy at the gun shop said "John Moses Browning didn't design the 1911 to be lite or a pocket gun. It was designed to be carryed in a big holster on a soldier. If you change that your not getting a 1911" I thought it was a true statement myself. Thanks for the Congrats and good luck with the purchase!!

Congrats! I have a Rock Island 1911 and absolutely love it! It was my dad's first. It's seen a lot of use and has held up magnificantly. It's in need of a refinish though. Do you plan to CC with it? I only have a Fobus holster for mine. I only carry it when I have to wear a coat/jacket. Been looking for an IWB holster for it though. Congrats again.

Thank you. I'm getting the Custom II. No frills, full size 1911. For a compact .45 I have my Glock 36.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I hate you! Not really, enjoy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    Good job/ I also turn to US made products first and foremost. I proudly drive a Ford, shoot SW guns with winchester ammo, play US made guitars, drink Sam Adams beer, etc. And when I buy an imported product, I look for our friends' names: UK, Germany, Japan, Canada, etc. If everybody did this....? I think this country would be a lot better off. I encourage others to try this.
    charski and msgt/ret like this.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Ktulu92fs, yea I might try to carry it but I'm not sure yet. I actually carry a m&p. 45fs now in a crossbreed and hide it very well so maybe try a crossbreed for a 1911 and see what happens. I just love the way it feels. If I could find night sights I would be stoked. Chiefs-special-guy, I also drive a Ford proudly and try to encourage others to buy American. I never really thought about if it has to be foreign to buy friendly stuff. Great idea. Yea I believe if we would stop depending on others so much we would be much better off but it would take everyone doing this. I looked at Springfield armory and man I know I am going to make some people mad but I can't spend good money on a gin with an American name like Springfield armory and right under that say "made in Brazil" I just can't. I mean its like they are a importer not a manufacturer. Just saying...also speaking of American made only I even spent WAY more on a gun safe then planned just to have that beautiful flag on it.

Oh yea NY27, that's a awesome gun also. I actually looked at it at my lgs and its pretty sweet.

Congrats on your new 1911, they are great pistols regardless of a 100 year old design.

Welcome to the Dark Side. I have 3. A Colt 1991 A1 Combat Commander, an S&W SW1911, both in .45 ACP, and a Rock Island .38 Super with more Ed Brown parts than Rock Island. All are great guns, but 1911s are like Jeeps. You just can't leave them like you found them. :)

Congrats! Please post range report and pictures
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Congrats on the new pistola...1911's can make your day!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Congrats on your first 1911 . Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links