What was I thinking?!?

What was I thinking?!?

This is a discussion on What was I thinking?!? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About 2 years ago I had a Glock 26. I sold it for some stupid reason at which this point I can't even remember what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What was I thinking?!?

What was I thinking?!?

About 2 years ago I had a Glock 26. I sold it for some stupid reason at which this point I can't even remember what it was. Well, I recently had a chance to pick another one up used for a great deal and I have been loving carrying it again. My G19 isn't exactly hard to carry but I have to admit the lighter 26 with it's shorter grip is a breeze! I know it's hard for some people to understand but the 4-6oz weight difference does make a noticeable difference to me. It requires no change in wardrobe and I don't give printing a second thought. I do tend to worry about it a bit with my 19 because the grip does tend to print. 10+1 in the gun with a G17 mag as back up still a impressive amount of fire power in a very small package. I seriously have no idea what I was thinking when I sold my 1st 26. I'm not getting rid of my 19 or anything but I am really liking having a 26 again.
    Last edited by Rollo; September 18th, 2011 at 08:57 PM.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Carried mine today while on duty - it actually does fit in the pocket of my uniform pants. Great gun!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

It's nice to re-unite with an old friend!
    DefConGun likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    About 2 years ago I had a Glock 26. I sold it for some stupid reason at which this point I can't even remember what it was. Well, I recently had a chance to pick another one up used for a great deal and I have been loving carrying it again. My G19 isn't exactly hard to carry but I have to admit the lighter 26 with it's shorter grip is a breeze! I know it's hard for some people to understand but the 4-6oz weight difference does make a noticeable difference to me. It requires no change in wardrobe and I don't give printing a second thought. I do tend to worry about it a bit with my 19 because the grip does tend to print. 10+1 in the gun with a G17 mag as back up still a impressive amount of fire power in a very small package. I seriously have no idea what I was thinking when I sold my 1st 26. I'm not getting rid of my 19 or anything but I am really like having a 26 again.
    Look back in your posts...I TOLD YOU that you'd be back...

Congrats on the G-26 addition...
    jwhite75 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Only YOU would remember that.. .Damn you! ;)
    oneshot likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Only YOU would remember that.. .Damn you! ;)
    I remembered because I agreed with him LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I remembered because I agreed with him LOL
    You have to admit it's kinda funny that I've come 360 degrees back to the gun I basically started with lol

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Rollo, Rollo, Rollo don't be so hard on yourself! I did the very same thing, and after a year or so I realized how much i missed the 26 and ended up getting another one. I can guarantee you that we are not alone!

Just curious though, I thought the SP101 was "THE" gun?

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    Rollo, Rollo, Rollo don't be so hard on yourself! I did the very same thing, and after a year or so I realized how much i missed the 26 and ended up getting another one. I can guarantee you that we are not alone!

Just curious though, I thought the SP101 was "THE" gun?
    It was.... Until it was "claimed" by my mom last time I took her shooting. She just wasn't feeling the Bersa thunder .380 we bought her and felt more confident with my SP101 so I gave it to her. I didn't mind to much because I had been carrying my G19 a lot more with the cooler weather and figured I would pick up another 101 or a LCR in .357 before summer rolled around again. But then I sold the Bersa and picked up this 26 for a excellent price and everyone involved is happy :)

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    The important thing is now that you know what its like to be without it and now that you have it back again, you'll only appreciate it that much more. I wouldn't say it was a mistake because now you know that this gun is a good fit for you. Let's call it a learning curve. ;-)

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    It's nice to re-unite with an old friend!
    Makes you fell all warm and giddy!
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I think the main lesson to be learned from this is DON'T SELL GUNS! Just keep them and wait until you can afford a new one!

I've regretted selling a few.
    Last edited by GoBigOrange; September 18th, 2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: typo
    zonker1986, mr.stuart and Rollo like this.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    I think the main lesson to be learned from this is DON'T SELL GUNS! Just keep them about wait until you can afford a new one!

I've regretted selling a few.
    I have mentioned before,early 90's I sold all of mine,after a nasty 2nd divorce. I have decided no matter how bad things get,I will find another way to raise money. I will not sell one to get another.Just save up until the time is right to buy the new gun.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Look at my old posts too! Rollo changes guns like I change filters in my heater (every six months!). LOL..... Just busting your balls dude!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    I have mentioned before,early 90's I sold all of mine,after a nasty 2nd divorce. I have decided no matter how bad things get,I will find another way to raise money. I will not sell one to get another.Just save up until the time is right to buy the new gun.
    same here. On my 4th & 5th Glock 19, and my second G26. I'll sell blood before I lose them again.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links