M&P9c Fell in love again....

This is a discussion on M&P9c Fell in love again.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, As many of you folks know, I have carried the M&P flag for a few years now. I recently got a Glock Gen 4 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&P9c Fell in love again....

VIP Member

M&P9c Fell in love again....

Hi,

As many of you folks know, I have carried the M&P flag for a few years now. I recently got a Glock Gen 4 and it started out flawless, but problems started to arise. This post is not about Glock, but I want to touch on the subject as I will always love Glock and credit them for pushing the envelope and making other manufacturers step up and make better firearms. I will re-post on my original review of the Gen 4 once I get the new recall spring.

My experience today made me truly fall in love with my M&P9c again. I have quite a few firearms in which I shoot, but wanted to pop a few rounds through one of my main carry guns (M&P9c and Khar CM9). I shot 200 rounds and what can I say it's boring M&P reliable. I have never had one issue with my three M&P's and they have become the standard in reliability in which I measure everyone else. I installed an APEX trigger kit and all I can say is that it's dead nuts accurate and smooth. I am not here to convince anyone as I don't care and I know better, but this is a great firearm.

Just posting my thoughts.....
    charski likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

nice! i'm just about to put the 9mm barrel in my .40c (for cheaper ammo) but I feel the same way about my .40! great gun!!

I have had mine for a few weeks and 300 rounds. Even with the stock trigger it is exceptionally accurate, super low recoil, and no failures of any kind. What a great carry gun!

of all the pistols I own and let new shooters use, the M&P 9C is the one they all choose to buy for their own......except my college age daughter that has staked a claim on MINE when she turns 21 and gets her CCW. First time shooting, she shot the M&P 9C like a Pro and just had a big grin on her face after shooting it at the range. "Oooooh Dad, I like that one".

moral of story....never let your relatives shoot one of your favorite guns....you might be in the market for another.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

You really can't argue with the reliability of the M&P...not to mention comfort shooting it...My Full size .40 has been nothing but fun to shoot, smooth and relaible...that's why you see so many major police departments switching over.
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I love my M&P!
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    You really can't argue with the reliability of the M&P...not to mention comfort shooting it...My Full size .40 has been nothing but fun to shoot, smooth and relaible...that's why you see so many major police departments switching over.
    My M&P is so reliable that if my M&P had posted this it would have spelt reliable correctly^^^ :)
    Madcap_Magician likes this.
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

eb
    I held one of these yesterday again and liked it. I'm going to have to buy one here at some point...

VIP Member
    Being over here I dont get home much but when I do I end up at my local gunshop looking at all the new stuff that has come out. Last time home I had the hots for an FN .45 Tactical until I tried the trigger, but next to it was an M&P .45 with a threaded barrel along with a standard barrel. After trying the trigger I bought it on the spot along with extended mags.

As stated it is very accurate and has become my favorite house gun and sits beside the bed with a WML and the 13 round mag in every night. I have not carried it outside the house and don't believe I even own a holster for it but it serves its purpose. I am in the market for the 9mm version in the two barrel set but alas have not found one yet. They are great guns and I enjoy shooting mine and have never had an issue.

"A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I absolutely love my 9c as well. Best ergo's in it's class by far IMO. Dead nuts accurate, and reliable.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I do not own one. I am Mr. Glock. I was recently at a gun store and the clerk let me play with one. He had to wipe the drool off it when I gave it back to him. It really felt good in my hands. I wish I had a friend who owned one as I would love to shoot it and see how it feels in my hand.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    My roommate owns an M&P and I absolutely enjoy shooting it when we go to the range. It seems to eat any kind of ammo and as stated is accurate as the best. Part of the reason I went with an M&P AR15 when making the purchase was the quality that I knew I would be getting.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    It's my favorite to carry...without a doubt.

M&P 9c.jpg
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    You guy's keep it up and I'm going to have to check out the M&P Compact. Just what I need, another brand of gun in the stable!!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

S&W M&P Grip is what sold me the gun, As I can NOT get use to the glock grip at all JMO ; )PS Reliablity was never a issue for either
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links