Bersa 45acp

This is a discussion on Bersa 45acp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If they were striker fired I would consider it. Nice looking for sure, plus really good price....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bersa 45acp

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    If they were striker fired I would consider it. Nice looking for sure, plus really good price.

2. Remove Ads

eb
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    ?? Somebody "customized" your Bersa.....I don't think they have ever made the reverse duo-tone, but I have seen them on a few gun forums where the owner took an all nickel Bersa .45 (discontinued with the Pro Series) and swapped out for a matte slide....my guess is that is what you have....but I have been wrong just a couple of times before.
    NIB or LNIB??
    Bought it new in the box. It was a limited production run according to the gun shop that ordered it in for me from the supplier. It was even $10 more than the standard duotone and was listed as a different SKU, but was on sale for the same price as the regular one. Of course, I went for the more rare combo.

zonker1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    Bought it new in the box. It was a limited production run according to the gun shop that ordered it in for me from the supplier. It was even $10 more than the standard duotone and was listed as a different SKU, but was on sale for the same price as the regular one. Of course, I went for the more rare combo.

cool. I like that.

Funny....I have a brother in Colorado that I recommended buy a Bersa .45.....not sure if he ever did.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I owned only one Bersa....a model 85, .380acp 13+1 with four OEM magazines. Very accurate, very reliable. Unfortunately, I traded it for a NIB Taurus PT709 - one of the biggest mistakes I made in recent years.

If this new Bersa .45acp Ultra is as good as the model 85, then Bersa has a real winner at an affordable price.

When many say, "It's not bad for the money.", I have to wonder about the money I'm betting my life on...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

eb
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    When many say, "It's not bad for the money.", I have to wonder about the money I'm betting my life on...I'm just sayin'...
    meh, I wouldn't bet my life on any Glock right out of the box either. To do so with ANY gun would be... inadvisable at best. The proof is in the pudding, test out any gun you're going to carry. I've seen plenty of Glock 4th gen and Kimber failures as of late to remind me that no matter who stamped their name on the side, nor how much money was paid for something... that "stuff" can, and WILL happen from time to time.

I'm taking this Bersa out to the range tonight, I'll report back later on what my experience was. Planning to put about 200 rounds through it, and maybe try some SD ammo if that goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I can attest that Bersas are terrific for the money. Two of my carry Bersas....both will shoot right along with my Glocks, and I trust my life with both.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

eb
    Brought the Bersa out today and put it thru its paces for the first time. 150 rounds total, and 4-5 fail to feeds. In all cases, it took only a minor nudge of the slide, or even just shaking the gun to make it fully engage. As such, I suspect it just needs more rounds thru it to break it in. Its extremely accurate, I was able to shoot 2-3" groups at 7 yards easily. Its also comfortable to shoot. Anyway, I'll put another 150 rounds thru it next week and report back again. I wouldn't considering carrying it yet, until I see about 100+ rounds go through flawlessly.

Brought the Bersa out today and put it thru its paces for the first time. 150 rounds total, and 4-5 fail to feeds. In all cases, it took only a minor nudge of the slide, or even just shaking the gun to make it fully engage. As such, I suspect it just needs more rounds thru it to break it in. Its extremely accurate, I was able to shoot 2-3" groups at 7 yards easily. Its also comfortable to shoot. Anyway, I'll put another 150 rounds thru it next week and report back again. I wouldn't considering carrying it yet, until I see about 100+ rounds go through flawlessly.
    If you are shooting Winchester White Box .45's I would suggest switching to Magtech or another brand of ammo. WWB at times does not have the power to cycle the slide on the Bersas. Had the same issue and switched to Magtech.....problem solved. WWB .45 ammo causes me issues even in my Glocks.

eb
    I shot a box of Fiocchi, PMC and Black Hills so it was 3 different types. Given what it was doing, I think its likely a break-in thing. When I clean it I may go after the feed ramp with the sanding sponge. Otherwise its a cool gun, I like it... now its just whether it can pass the test to ever be carried or if its a range gun. Honestly even if it ends up being a range gun, I still call it a win as I like the thing.

I shot a box of Fiocchi, PMC and Black Hills so it was 3 different types. Given what it was doing, I think its likely a break-in thing. When I clean it I may go after the feed ramp with the sanding sponge. Otherwise its a cool gun, I like it... now its just whether it can pass the test to ever be carried or if its a range gun. Honestly even if it ends up being a range gun, I still call it a win as I like the thing.
    might recommend a trip to Walmart and pick up a Dremel tool and use their metal polishing compound to buff the feed ramp.
    I do that little buff on all my guns and it turns the feed ramp into a mirror. Ususally solves any FTF issues if its gun and not ammo related.

eb
    Cool. I have a dremmel already, just need to get the compound... I assume its gun since it was different types of ammo...

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Were the FTFs on the first round while reloading (slingshot or slide release lever or riding the slide), follow up shots or last round of mag, etc?
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Former owner. Bersa's (all of them) are very good values for their "price point". I find their safeties to be VERY stiff but the ones' I've had where very accurate and realible. I found them to be a bit bulky and wide through the grip for my tastes but as I said, I don't think you can beat their Value for their price range. Their .380 Thunder is particularly accurate. If you're on a tight budget you can still get a lot of gun with a Bersa. If they fit your hand well, they're a good gun for the money. Haven't ever shot the .45 but the .380 and 9mm's are very soft shooters.
    Gideon

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I own handguns by maybe 20 different manufactures that generally cover all price ranges, and I own the Bersa Firestorm .45. Its a solid well made handgun and while it may not be as well finished and refined overall as some more expensive offerings by SIG, HK, FN for example, it is a reliable, well made pistol that would provide good service especially at this price point. As I mention before I have a lot of options to pick from and I do not hesitate to carry it from time to time. Like all Bersa offerings in general its a good bargain and a lot of pistol for the money IMO.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links