Bersa 45acp

Bersa 45acp

This is a discussion on Bersa 45acp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody know anything about this pistol, one of the guys I work with has one and says it is the best thing sense sliced bread ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bersa 45acp

Bersa 45acp

Anybody know anything about this pistol, one of the guys I work with has one and says it is the best thing sense sliced bread for CC. Says it is small, shoots great and cheaper than most. Any feed back?

I just looked at some on GunBroker... they are going for less than $400. That is pretty cheap for a .45.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Search up a guy that goes by( ncflyfisher). He can be found on the carolinashooters forum and a couple of the bersa forums. He is a big fan of bersa handguns. He has also done some you tube vids on them and has a channel there.

All current Bersas are very good copies of Walther designs, which is one reason they are so reliable. The Thunder .380 is a copy of the Walther PPK, and the larger caliber models are all based on the Walther P-88. Older model Bersas copied Beretta designs.

First pic is Bersa Thunder 45 "Semi-Pro". In late 2008 Bersa added polyganol rifling, loaded chamber indicator, and light rail to all their Ultracompact models. They also added "Pro" to the slide.....the first pic is the transitional model that has everything except "Pro" stamped on the slide. The second is a nickel coated, duo-tone older model. The polyganol rifling added to the barrels makes the Bersas incredibly accurate, and they will shoot with the best of them. I own several Bersas including the two below, and highly recommend. Their finish is a bit rough, but very durable. The matte finished Bersas are actually treated with Tennifer just like Glock and Walther, but unfortunately is not applied very evenly. The nickel slides can be polished to a very bright, shiny finish using a good metal polish.

this little guy will outshoot my Glock 30SF....deadly accurate.

Philly Boy likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Administrator
    I wouldnt say they are the best thing going, but they are a decent choice if its really that hard to pony up the extra 100 bucks or so to get into the big leagues.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It's a great bargain -- DA/SA, more accurate than any of my 1911's, small enough to carry comfortably, quality manufacturer with a track record. Bersa owners tend to be pretty rabid enthusiasts (there's a Bersa forum out there you might want to check out).

The functions behind them pretty surprusing for the money. Their overall size is decent but a tad bulky. As far as pricing, they're in the same bracket as say a used XD,M&P,Glock compact.
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail ... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation."

-Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I'll vouch for them as a former UC45 owner. By far the most accurate and fun gun to shoot of any of my formerly owned pistols. Grip is a bit thick because it is a double stack 45. Absolutely one of if not the most underrated handgun(s) on the market.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member
    Not a bad gun for the money. I had a Bersa/Firestorm Mini .40. It was completely reliable. Fit and finish wasn't the best around, but it functioned every time.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I bought a used Bersa Thunder .45 UCM recently from Buds. It had a problem loading, but I got that fixed and it has been very reliable ever since. The DA reach is a little long for me, but in single action it is just right. I can't complain about the price at all and have been very happy with the gun.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Adam42 View Post
    Anybody know anything about this pistol, one of the guys I work with has one and says it is the best thing sense sliced bread for CC. Says it is small, shoots great and cheaper than most. Any feed back?
    Love mine, totally reliable, the long double action reach lets me carry without any safety's that require disactivating and makes sure that I need to consciously pull the trigger when the need arises.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I loved mine. Just had to give it up due to the size oof my hand being a bit too big for the gun
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

eb
    I have one of the UC 45's in "reverse duotone" (black slide, silver body). So far its great, I'm probably going to start carrying it soon. Wanna talk about some HERESY? I traded an unfired, brand new Glock 30 for it, lol. Just can't seem to dig the Glocks, but this Bersa is cool. To each his own I guess. Paid $419 for it.

It's really more like a "stack-and-a-half" rather than a double-stack -- the grip is a little fatter than a 1911, but not as fat as a double-stack 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    I have one of the UC 45's in "reverse duotone" (black slide, silver body). So far its great, I'm probably going to start carrying it soon. Wanna talk about some HERESY? I traded an unfired, brand new Glock 30 for it, lol. Just can't seem to dig the Glocks, but this Bersa is cool. To each his own I guess. Paid $419 for it.
    ?? Somebody "customized" your Bersa.....I don't think they have ever made the reverse duo-tone, but I have seen them on a few gun forums where the owner took an all nickel Bersa .45 (discontinued with the Pro Series) and swapped out for a matte slide....my guess is that is what you have....but I have been wrong just a couple of times before.
    NIB or LNIB??
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links