First day carrying new G36

This is a discussion on First day carrying new G36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up my new Glock 36 last week, took it to the range for a workout last weekend, and carried all day for the first ...

Thread: First day carrying new G36

First day carrying new G36

Picked up my new Glock 36 last week, took it to the range for a workout last weekend, and carried all day for the first time today. Was carrying in a Comp-Tac paddle holster I use for my G19, and found that with a slight adjustment on the tension it fit my G36 well. The new Glock stayed tight to the body, felt very lightweight and was very very comfortable. A+++ on the new EDC.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

2. Remove Ads

The G36 has to be one of my favorite carry guns. I also carry a Ruger SR9c and a Kahr cw9 for warmer weather but the G36 is the gun I go to. It's an easy gun to conceal,light and accurate. It sits in a Raven (ghost) holster. Enjoy!! Safe shooting!

GM
    Glad that you enjoy the new G-36. Congrats
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

That G-36 is a great gun...you're going to really appreciate your new friend.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great ccw. Very comfy IWB! Sweet shooter too!
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Ive had an itchin for a 36. I went by our local GS today to look at a Walther P22. They didnt have any but there were two G36s in the case. It was so busy in the store I didnt have time to wait on a salesman to take one out. I sure would like to get my hands on it to see if it feels as good as it looks.

So you think the 36 will fit in some of my G23 or 27 holsters? I have a C-Tac, Remoras, and Fobus, also a Bianchi.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Mine didn't fit my M-Tac, and it was a snug fit for my IWB Tagua Clip (both made for the G19). I wouldn't count on a good fit with other holsters for the G23/27 but it would be worth a try before buying new ones if you get a 36.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

The 36 will fit in some of the 23 holsters. Not the 27, unless it has an open bottom like the fobus. It will not fit "perfectly" in the custom holsters like Milt Sparks etc....

They have a nice little "click" when the firearm that they are made for is seated. The 36 will not do that in a 23 holster.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member
    Carrrying a new gun is so exciting. Top-o-the-world!!!!

Congrats on the new Glock 36. Probably the most under rated .45 out there, maybe due to round count, who knows. I need to get mine back out to the range, it's been a while.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Congrats on the new Glock 36. Probably the most under rated .45 out there, maybe due to round count, who knows. I need to get mine back out to the range, it's been a while.
    agree. I think the 36 is overshadowed by the high cap Glocks and their 33 round mags. Reminds me.....I need to have Trijicons installed on my 36 this weekend. Oh, yeah!!
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

G36 holster

I have a Don Hume OWB holster for my G19 that fits the G36 just fine. Most the time, I end up carrying the G36.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the 36. There are a lot of true-believers here that swear by it. I may even get one myself one of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    agree. I think the 36 is overshadowed by the high cap Glocks and their 33 round mags. Reminds me.....I need to have Trijicons installed on my 36 this weekend. Oh, yeah!!
    Yes, yes you do . They are the only sporty after-market item on all of my Glocks. 'Not too bright, 'just right.

I have a 36, 27 and a 22 and they all fit my IWB holster that I bought for the 27 just fine. It's a TSC kydex. The only problem is wait time. I've ordered two more and have been waiting WAY too long for them. As for the 36, imho, my favorite edc. It's been reliable and very accurate. I have total faith in that gun. You already know about it's size and weight.
    Don't scrimp on the holster and you will carry it all the time. This, from a man who hated Glocks for 30 years!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Links