Any concernes over buying a used LEO gun? - Page 3

Any concernes over buying a used LEO gun?

This is a discussion on Any concernes over buying a used LEO gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The LEO trade ins are typically great deals but trust me... they get fired plenty... My Sig P6 probably had several thousand rounds through it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any concernes over buying a used LEO gun?

The LEO trade ins are typically great deals but trust me... they get fired plenty...

My Sig P6 probably had several thousand rounds through it but had new springs.... When we took the whole thing apart it was amazing how much nastiness came out of the slide...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Peoples Protectorate of Kaliforniya, gulag NorCal
    Quote Originally Posted by itech View Post
    Thank you so much for your quick reply. It so happens that I am less than 2 hours away and I will be there tomorrow to pick mine out. Are the "safety" and "fire" markings painted in white and red?
    The ones they have are the Variant 3, decocker only,,however, with 2 parts, lever and indent plate, it can be converted to Variant 1 with the decocker + saftey in about 15 minutes. I ordered the parts here and they should be delivered before the gun is out of jail. Happy daze!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Not sure what he's got left, and they are USP's, not compacts.

Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.

The person doing my order said he had 15 compacts. He also has compacts in .45.

Thanks again for letting me know about River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento. I purchased my H&K USP Compact 40 this morning and am OK with the condition though I look forward to giving it a thorough cleaning. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by itech View Post
    Thanks again for letting me know about River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento. I purchased my H&K USP Compact 40 this morning and am OK with the condition though I look forward to giving it a thorough cleaning. Cheers!

Sweet!! Did you get to pick one out or just take the one out of the display case?

When we get them out of jail (4th)) we will have to post up some pics.

Also,, I found mags for the gun here really cheap. http://www.calssportingarmory.com/HK...mghk215977.htm

I have bought LE trade ins for years. Have several old smith revolvers from 40 years ago and a couple of Glock 22's that were great. But the crown jewel is a Glock 31 from GT in Austin. My son is LE and was in GT to pick up some supplies and called me about said 31. His opinion was that it had not been shot or holstered and the counterman at GT agreed. I told him to latch it up. There was not a mark on the outside of the barrel or the frame/slide and with good light and scope, no sign on the inside. The night sights were very bright as well. I still have the .357 SIG barrel with it, but also have an extra .40 S&W barrel and a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. We shoot 9 at the range, but always have HD .357 and .40 in the ammo safe. It is engraved WCPD on the slide and the only thing we could figure was that it was never issued or issued to some "boss" who never had to qualify. Sure glad it is in my safe though.

most of the time, bad holster ware, but never shot...

Several years ago we had the opportunity to purchase through a dealer advertising in Shotgun News, stainless Ruger Speed Six's with 3 inch barrels and Hogue custom grips from the US Postal Inspection Service when they upgraded to the Beretta 92.

I assumed coming from that particular department they would pretty much be in pristine condition with some holster wear and shot very little. I figured they got fired during mandatory qualifications and very little else.

It turned out to be a correct assumption. My co-workers and I put together an order buying seven of the guns and got an even bigger price break for buying more than five of them.

It has become one of my best guns and one of my favorite guns as well. I don't remember the exact price, but it was less than $200.

My FFL was a co-worker and did not charge us any mark-up on the guns so we all got the bare bones price. He even bought one for himself.

I still shoot it frequently and will still carry it from time to time as my primary ccw.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I picked up a S&W 66 2" from a copper friend... he carried it for 6 years and it's in darn near new condition!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I picked one out of a choice of four. They all had identical holster wear. Thanks for links-I really appreciate it!

I have a few and no problems at all. Just finish is little worn
    Don

I have bought 2, a S&W model 10-5 with great trigger job and a Glock 17 with a trigger job also, both shoot very well and neither is badly warn except for some holster ware.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

About 10 years or so ago I picked up a nice Remington 870 Wingmaster from a sporting goods store here in Portland very cheaply. These were used shotguns (20" barrels) that had Georgia State Police etched on them. They came with the wood stock and pump and the short 5 round magazine. A very good buy for a very nice shotgun. All these years later I still have it and shoot it regularly, although now it sports a Choate nylon folding stock with pistol grips fore and aft and the extended magazine.

I think the Georgia cops sold off their 870s in order to purchase newer shotguns with more magazine capacity. I'm certainly happy with my purchase.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

When. My dept. Switched over to autos years ago i bought my duty 357 s&w for 112 bucks. I still have and one of my sons will get it one day. Someone carried that revolver before i did and it still in great shape. I think back then we shoot twice a year to stay certified so that was 100 rounds a year. So that pistol probably stayed in service for twenty years in the revolver days so probably a bit over 2000 rds through it. Its still good just has the powder burn coloring around the cone and cyclinder.

Here she is,,,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links