Defensive Carry banner

Any concernes over buying a used LEO gun?

6K views 46 replies 33 participants last post by  handlebar 
#1 ·
A local shop just got in a bunch of LEO H&K USP Compacts and are selling them at a great price. Are there any reasons not to pick one of these up?

#6 ·
Worst case senerio is that you may want to replace mag and recoil springs as you don't know what wear and tear is on them. Still that's only a few bucks in the big picture. My two LEO turn-ins, a S&W 4566 and a S&W 6906, were dirty but functionally fine--and obviously well cared for. In general, turn-ins are a good bargin.

#10 ·
Get all of them that you can. I've heard nothing but good about LEO turn-ins, my grandfather bought an old S&W revolver years ago that was LEO, and he loves it.

But watch out- that holster wear will bite you later. :wink:

#13 ·
Got it,, kinda figured that with the ;) at the end of the comment. It's a plastic gun anyhow, plastic doesn't show wear as much as say bluing wearing off. At any rate , I'm going to drop by the shop after work and put one in jail if they are in decent shape. :)

#14 ·
Sounds like a good deal

#18 ·
Sounds like a great deal...I'd jump on it.

#21 ·
FWIT, Buds in Lexington KY often sells department trade-ins and I have yet to see a dissatisfied customer. I would be more comfortable with a department trade-in than one whos history is lesser known.

Best!

#26 ·
River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has them. There's 15 left now. :smile:

They come with the original case an 1 mag. The ones I picked through were in excellent shape. I snagged one that cannot have been fired more than a couple of dozen times and has very minor holster ware. I was way happy when I saw it. What a killer deal, $617 otd. :danceban:

#25 ·
A local shop just got in a bunch of LEO H&K USP Compacts and are selling them at a great price. Are there any reasons not to pick one of these up?.
It depends.
LEO's don't shoot a lot. So the round count will be low.
However, they get carried a lot, so if you are nuts about finish (as I am) you won't want one.

As with anything, a great price trumps cosmetic appearance.

Look at Gunbroker and see if the LGS is really a great price. If it is, go for it.

#32 ·
The ones they have are the Variant 3, decocker only,,however, with 2 parts, lever and indent plate, it can be converted to Variant 1 with the decocker + saftey in about 15 minutes. I ordered the parts here and they should be delivered before the gun is out of jail. Happy daze!

#31 ·
The LEO trade ins are typically great deals but trust me... they get fired plenty...

My Sig P6 probably had several thousand rounds through it but had new springs.... When we took the whole thing apart it was amazing how much nastiness came out of the slide...

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.