Guns I won't ever own - Page 11

Guns I won't ever own

This is a discussion on Guns I won't ever own within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi point, bersa, or any other bottom barrel brands!!...

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Guns I won't ever own

Hi point, bersa, or any other bottom barrel brands!!
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Recent talk made me realize there are certain brands I will never buy for no particular reason. It isn't necessarily based on anything concrete, but more or less a general feeling.

Sig
    HK
    FNH (did want FNP45 at one time)
    Walther
    Ruger
    Desert Eagle
    Para
    CZ (non Dan Wessons)

I'll add more as I think of them. This not meant to flame one brand or another. Please refrain from doing so.

What are your non-buys?
    That's an interesting list, and I'd love to know the reasoning behind why you think you wouldn't own some of those...

If a company made a gun that I liked for looks, feel, performance, etc I'd consider that firearm regardless of the logo. That's not to say that I'd use it as a CCW perhaps, but just to own and shoot, sure.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of Hi-Points I know several people that own them and they do nothing for me. Didn't enjoy shooting them, at all. The Carbine on the other hand was a little more fun.
    USM1976 likes this.

The only reason I wouldn't own a particular gun is lack of money...
    OD*, GH, Ksgunner and 4 others like this.

Guns I won't ever own

I thought I wanted an XD, now their on my no no list. I can't warm up to the grip safety. I thought I hated Glocks and now I want one for home defense with a light on it. I personally carry a Shield and love it.
    GH and MJB_17 like this.

I'm just curious about all the hate on Walthers and CZs? With the exception of the PK380, I had never heard anything negative about them from someone who's owned one.
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --Albert Einstein
    You taught us to imagine, and we imagined your irrelevance! --Dalek Caan

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Hi point, bersa, or any other bottom barrel brands!!
    Bersa a bottom of the barrel weapon? Newbies. PFFFFT.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by lamerem View Post
    I thought I wanted an XD, now their on my no no list. I can't warm up to the grip safety. I thought I hated Glocks and now I want one for home defense with a light on it. I personally carry a Shield and love it.
    You and I seem to have very similar gun preferences. I personally don't like the XD at all, the grip safety and it just feels like an airsoft gun to me just the the Ruger LC series. My first handgun was a Glock 22, I sold it and got into M&Ps, figured I'd never own another Glock. Lo and behold, I acquired a G27 today...

I will give anything a fairshake within reason, and will buy anything if the price is right. From a CCW perspective, I wouldnt touch Hi-point, jennings, charter arms or anything else that is just cheap. I know a lot of guys like charter arams, but I personally watched a Charter arms fall apart from shooting. The shooter was avid shooter and took care of his firearms. Taurus is another no. I purchased a Taurus 357 snubbie NIB several years ago, and the cylinder did not turn true, causing the cylinder to lock in place on the catridges as it rotated. Sent it back to taurus, they said it was fixed, same problem. LGS refused to buy back the gun or help me out any firther. Sold it to another LGS for pennies on the dollar, told the original LGS to kick rocks, bought a SW 38 spc from the my new FAV LGS and swore off taurus forever. I also have a rule that if, when shaken, a gun can be used to keep rythm in aband, its prob not a good buy.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Guns I won't ever own

Quote Originally Posted by GaugedFreak View Post
    That's an interesting list, and I'd love to know the reasoning behind why you think you wouldn't own some of those...

If a company made a gun that I liked for looks, feel, performance, etc I'd consider that firearm regardless of the logo. That's not to say that I'd use it as a CCW perhaps, but just to own and shoot, sure.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of Hi-Points I know several people that own them and they do nothing for me. Didn't enjoy shooting them, at all. The Carbine on the other hand was a little more fun.
    Since I started that list I had a change of heart on one, and confirmed my feelings on another.

I started a search for a polymer 9mm a week or two ago, and was considering the FNS 9. It almost happened.

Sigs-I don't like their 1911 design so those are out. The DA/SA trigger on their other models don't appeal to me. Held two last week and confirmed that I won't buy one.

HK-ugly to me. Can't warm up to them

Ruger - the SR1911 and the Commander model came out after this list was created (I think). I'd buy one of those for the right price.

The others fall into the general "they don't offer anything I'm interested in" category.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I will give anything a fairshake within reason, and will buy anything if the price is right. From a CCW perspective, I wouldnt touch Hi-point, jennings, charter arms or anything else that is just cheap. I know a lot of guys like charter arams, but I personally watched a Charter arms fall apart from shooting. The shooter was avid shooter and took care of his firearms. Taurus is another no. I purchased a Taurus 357 snubbie NIB several years ago, and the cylinder did not turn true, causing the cylinder to lock in place on the catridges as it rotated. Sent it back to taurus, they said it was fixed, same problem. LGS refused to buy back the gun or help me out any firther. Sold it to another LGS for pennies on the dollar, told the original LGS to kick rocks, bought a SW 38 spc from the my new FAV LGS and swore off taurus forever. I also have a rule that if, when shaken, a gun can be used to keep rythm in aband, its prob not a good buy.
    I wrote about this in another post, but Taurus is a major no go for me also. I own one and regret every penny I spent on it, piece of junk. I've been looking into selling or trading it but have also seen the "value" that they bring, maybe I'll epoxy it and use it for a paper weight.

A lot of people trash Kel Tec, but mine actually has been pretty much fine. However, I tend to think I just got lucky. I can't imagine carrying a Hi Point and actually not having my pants fall down, at least you can use it as a club once it jams. From now on, I stick to guns I can rely on, 85% of the time I carry my M&P9c, when I go running or need something super small I carry the PF9. The Glock 27 I acquired today will probably share EDC responsibilities once I get comfortable with it.

VIP Member
    I can't rule out any particular brand of the major firearms companies I own or have owned one particular model of pretty much all the major players.

I do not particularly like the HK pistols, DA/SA but enjoy the P7. I like the older West German SIG's like the P6 and even have a 9mm SIG 220 from the old days. I have never held or shot a SA XD just never appealed to me but their 1911's are superb.

I will give anything a chance for a fun gun but I am rather particular in my carry guns.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Guns I won't ever own

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Bersa a bottom of the barrel weapon? Newbies. PFFFFT.
    Sounds like that poster is a "inexpensive = poor quality" believer. I have shot both hi points and bersas they are both fine weapons. They go bang every pull of the trigger, their warranty is excellent, they are as accurate as I am. HiPoints I can see not owning for CC or collecting. But to not own just because of lack of cost????
    I personally won't own a Glock because of ergonomics, they don't fit right for ME.

Posted from the outer reaches of the universe via my Star Fleet communicator! Live long & prosper.
    USM1976 likes this.

I'm not into bashing gun brands simply because there are so many to choose from and with that in mind not one brand is going to be the right gun for everyone. I like what I like regardless of what other people say/think. I'm the one that has to carry/use that gun, nobody else.

Glocks... I don't find them appealing. They don't feel right to me when I hold them.
    msgt/ret and DPro.40 like this.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    Sounds like that poster is a "inexpensive = poor quality" believer. I have shot both hi points and bersas they are both fine weapons. They go bang every pull of the trigger, their warranty is excellent, they are as accurate as I am. HiPoints I can see not owning for CC or collecting. But to not own just because of lack of cost????
    I personally won't own a Glock because of ergonomics, they don't fit right for ME.

Posted from the outer reaches of the universe via my Star Fleet communicator! Live long & prosper.
    Having owned a Bersa I do believe they are the most underrated carry pistol available. Would recommend one in a heartbeat.
    zonker1986, Ogre, USM1976 and 2 others like this.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Links