Guns I won't ever own - Page 3

Guns I won't ever own

This is a discussion on Guns I won't ever own within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The guns I will never own are those that I will never be able to afford....

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Guns I won't ever own

The guns I will never own are those that I will never be able to afford.
    Tzadik and blitzburgh like this.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are cunning and you sleep with your mouth open.

I always buy middle, to upper-middle of the pack merchandise. My Rugers and Glocks will punch the same sized holes as Sigs and Kimbers all day every day.

Kinda like... I want Anti-lock brakes and power windows, but you can keep the leather seats w/ the little butt warmers.
    ninjahippie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Totally escapes me why you'd rule out most of these. (Oh, wait - you said, "no particular reason"). Most of the brands you've listed are among the world's best.

Oh well, different strokes...

Regards,
    Jim
    I was thinking the same thing. Weird thing is, Taurus isn't on the list. Usually Taurus is on top of do not buy lists for some unknown "particular" reason.

Distinguished Member
    I would not count out any brand or type, other than pink. I just can't do pink. If others want to, fantastic. Just not me.

Actually I don't see myself with a Judge either. No good reason.

VIP Member
    I can't think of a single gun that I would never own...

I used to be a cheap gun snob, saying that I'd never pay more than 1K for a handgun. Then I caught 1911 fever. Oh well...

Now, I am pretty selective on what I'll carry for personal defense, but for just collecting? - Heck, I want them all.
    swiftyjuan and PPKman like this.

I realize that I live in the past but the past is a great place to be when it comes to firearms using metallic cartridges. My gun buying dollars only go so far and I can't own all the neato guns that appeal to me. I can unequivocally state that no firearms with aluminum or plastic components will find their way into my collection. An AR 15, Smith & Wesson Model 642 and a Kel Tec P3AT in the menagerie represent more than enough aluminum and plastic for me. No handguns with DAO triggers need apply either. "Ever smaller, ever lighter" doesn't cut it so handgun models that are so marketed are ignored.

I greatly admire "traditional" Smith & Wesson revolvers but the company can go out of business if they're waiting on me to purchase a revolver from their current production with the MIM parts, 2-piece barrels, frame-mounted firing pins, and most of all, the wretched lock. If S&W would at least lose the loathsome lock then we'll at least take a look at things.

Ruger products don't warm my heart in any way, especially their handguns.

Taurus is best avoided.

.410 revolvers of any stripe won't be happening around here. Neither will any belted magnum rifle cartridges with bore diameters under .30 caliber. No firearms with lasers will happen either.

If the firearm is fabricated from steel and walnut and its design predates World War II then I'm tickled. Extra points if it's designed by John M. Browning.
    swiftyjuan likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I would not count out any brand or type, other than pink. I just can't do pink. If others want to, fantastic. Just not me.

Actually I don't see myself with a Judge either. No good reason.
    Yeah, I forgot the Judge! Also, the Dessert Eagle. The video game industry ruined both of those guns for me.

I would be happy to have another gun, BUT leave out Jennings,Lorcin, and Regent. You can never have enough guns ( and ammo ) hopefully Santa will read my letter and maybe throw in a loading press with assorted dies.

Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    Yeah, I forgot the Judge! Also, the Dessert Eagle. The video game industry ruined both of those guns for me.
    Heh, You won't even take the Dessert Eagle with whipped cream and a cherry on top?

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Heh, You won't even take the Dessert Eagle with whipped cream and a cherry on top?
    LOL, Freudian slip. Been dieting on and off (weak will) trying to lose weight and get into shape for the next LE academy

Keep your eye open and you'll catch me out on something one of these days.

I think it's time for you to indulge just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Taurus, Jennings, Hi-Point...for starters...
    These but maybe a Taurus Judge one day.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I can't think of a single gun that I would never own...

I used to be a cheap gun snob, saying that I'd never pay more than 1K for a handgun. Then I caught 1911 fever. Oh well...

Now, I am pretty selective on what I'll carry for personal defense, but for just collecting? - Heck, I want them all.
    brother, I have fallen victim to the "even $1500+ guns aren't out of the question" category now. Once the 1911 fever kicks in and takes hold, it gets pretty dang ridiculous.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I will stick with the S&W M&Ps
    Philly Boy and younggun like this.
    United By Individuality

There are a lot of guns that I don't see in my future, but never is a long time. Maybe one day on some of them.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links