Guns I won't ever own - Page 4

Guns I won't ever own

This is a discussion on Guns I won't ever own within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I find that when I am at the range or a gun shop, like you, have lost interest in many brands as far as owning. ...

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Guns I won't ever own

I find that when I am at the range or a gun shop, like you, have lost interest in many brands as far as owning. I still like to check out new offerings they have, but like any tool, when you find the ones you like, naturally you start to like them more.

At the same time, while I may not covet my neighbors firearms, does not mean I would not enjoy taking a free ride. No commandment against that. Many of the brands you listed are loved by many, and as long good people own and carry, I'm happy they are around.

My wife owns a walther p99c in 9mm and a ruger lcp in .380. The are in my home, and I just don't care for them. At the same time, I think she enjoys taking them to the range more then I do my glock. More of a chore for me at this point, a responsibility to make sure I'm profecient with my carry firearms (say my .38 snub). I would rather plink 1000 rounds of .22 or scope in a hunting rifle.

That there are many choices is a good thing.

Unlike say sockets or wrenches with some new gadget or gizmo you might be willing to use little and store till you I die. If you are not a mechanic or fanatic hobbyist, a basic set of tools would do and few purchases of the odd tool would be fine. I'm willing to bet you own more sockets then you will ever need, and that is also the same wih many firearm owners.

So you may also be feeling this lack of interest in other brands just because you don't like the added responsibility of owning many firearms. Unlike a wrench, or some other collection, firearms require addational responsibilities.

This is one reason I have slowed down my firearm purchases, and decreased interest in owning something new. Limited budget, I have the firearms I need, they all have their place, and I don't want what I see as added responsibility.

I had many collections in my past, and it always ended up that the collection starts to own me, not me owning the collection. I fight this desire to collect, so I limit.

HOWEVER, I love those that collect firearms. I have spent afternoons at a collectors home assisting with upkeep (wipe down) of a collection and a little lesson in different firearms. In my experience, I've started to learn more about my firearms by learning a little more about how some other brand tackles the goal.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

I can't see myself ever purchasing a Glock, or any similar "plastic" handgun...no reflection of their quality, just personal preference. Also I don't ever see myself acquiring a compact or sub-compact for the same reasons. Nor will I purchase anything firing any of the modern "mega-caliber" offerings. Today I shoot primarily for personal enjoyment. I shoot guns that feel good in my hand, that have a certain visual appeal, that I can hit what I'm aiming at with, and that won't beat my wrists up with massive recoil.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I swore off Kahr after having serious issues with 2 of their pistols a few years ago. Lo and behold, I bought another one this year - simply because there was still nothing else out there that met my specifications - pocketable, 9mm (+P capable), night sights, locks slide open, DAO, no external thumb safety, no mag disconnect, CT laser available for it.

So - never say never.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I don't have enough experience with all gun brands so I can't really say what I would never own.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Keep your eye open and you'll catch me out on something one of these days.

I think it's time for you to indulge just a little.
    Oh, I have. LOL.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I don't see myself ever owning a SIG Classic series, H&K, Kimber, and a few other higher end models. I would rather spend the money on ammo and practice more.

vstromrider: What do you have? I'll take one!!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

RugerRon: Got my used Fusion with leather seats and butt warmers--- you don't know what you're missing on a cold day with warm seats!!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Peoples Protectorate of Kaliforniya, gulag NorCal
    Well I have three on your list,, love 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    These but maybe a Taurus Judge one day.
    Look at the S&W Governor first!

None, If leagal & $$ Right ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I'd argue with you on the HK. One of the finest guns I own.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I'd argue with you on the HK. One of the finest guns I own.
    I will not dispute that it is a fine pistol. Its quality and reliability have nothing to do with why it's on the list.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Can't say there are any I'd never own, but disagree wholeheartedly with so many poor decisions in this thread. Some of you don't know what you're missing... I've seen brands such as CZ, Walther and Kahr to name a few... such a shame some of you will never share the same experiences I've had. :)

yeah, uh, anything with goofy or "cute" colors, such as pink, purple, or powder blue. My gun is a tool/weapon, not a fashion accessory. And not interested in anything less than 9mm.

Other than that, I am really open to suggestions and to trying nearly anything. I only have experience with Glock, S&W M&P, S&W .38 special, and Beretta.
    Hobo_Hunter likes this.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links