Guns I won't ever own - Page 7

Guns I won't ever own

This is a discussion on Guns I won't ever own within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by defensive007 Maybe just MAYBE Glock will get with the program and make sub/ultra compact 9mm or .380 pistols that are what's to ...

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Guns I won't ever own

Quote Originally Posted by defensive007 View Post
    Maybe just MAYBE Glock will get with the program and make sub/ultra compact 9mm or .380 pistols that are what's to be tearing up the market nowdays. The baby glock is actually a full size pistol next to these small 9mm nowdays
    I am really surprised they havent come out with a small .380. I think the G25 they sell in south america is the same frame size as the 19/23. Still with the success they have now, i doubt they're in any hurry to try new things. If it aint broke dont fix it I guess.

Never say never.

Are there some brands I am not overly fond of, sure. Are there some brands that others here have said they would never own, but are sitting in one of my safes, sure are.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Guns I'll never own.'
    Perrazzi, Holland and Holland, Purdy, Barrett, S&W Scholfield, engraved colt single action,73 Winchester,29Thompson
    Ok that is depressing as hell, Oh well if I had only finished medical school. lol
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

I said I'd never own any gun other than a DAO. Then, I went and ordered a 1911. Go figure. Now, I'll just say I'll never own a gun that I don't have the $$ for. Unless, of course, it's a gift. Hee-hee.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Mark my words, I will never own a Ruger or Taurus.
    Agreed.

Ed Brown, Les Baer, Wilson Combat, SIG p210, Holland & Holland, Rigby, Westley Richards..........

No large pistols or revolvers, since i only use a handgun for CCW. No small 22 or 25 mouse guns either.

I would never ever, nope... never.... say I wouldn't buy any gun.

If I could afford it, and I wanted it, I would own it. What wouldn't I want? If the price was right for me, and I could afford it, I'd want it. Doesn't matter what it is.

I might not shoot it. But, I'd have it. I might resell it... I might keep it.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I would never ever, nope... never.... say I wouldn't buy any gun.

If I could afford it, and I wanted it, I would own it. What wouldn't I want? If the price was right for me, and I could afford it, I'd want it. Doesn't matter what it is.

I might not shoot it. But, I'd have it. I might resell it... I might keep it.
    This brings up a good point. Buying it to sell it. Can't say that buying it with intensions to turn it falls into my original line of thinking.

I may eat crow on this one one day (I know I know never say never). I mentioned Ruger. I must exclude the SR1911 from this list simply because it fits into my current buying trend (it's a 1911). It is in fact a possibility.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I have seen a lot of taurus bashers. I own many taurus handguns & have never had any problems with them. NEVER a FTF OR FTE, never a misfire. Nothing but reliable.

I'll never own a Red Ryder BB gun...

cause I'd shoot my eye out!
    czman2006 and Ogre like this.

I'm sticking with the Glock platform for my EDC/HD needs until something comes along which blows it out of the water. And on that note, only totally new tech would be able to blow Glock out of the water considering it's Gen 3 9mm firearms are the epitome of reliability.

The only other platform I'd use for EDC/HD is the M&P platform.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

S&W wind up revolvers, the ones made since 2001.

S&W M&P pistols.

Kimbers.

Para Ordnance.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Ed Brown, Les Baer, Wilson Combat, SIG p210, Holland & Holland, Rigby, Westley Richards..........
    I'll agree here, unless there is one used and at a price that I can live with.....

It has been stated already; "I will not own a gun I can not afford" I'll stick to that!
    I own a Raven 25! Shoots well! I looked real close at Hi-Point, I might just buy one!
    I own Rugers and I'll bet my life on them! I own SIGs Love them.
    I'll own and buy what fits my hands and works for me!!!!
    I'll try not to say Never!
    What works for YOU is right for you, not me. (Maybe )

So I'll not add to "The List", I'll vote with my dollars...

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Rugers look inexpensive, and they ARE inexpensive. I have not owned one that failed to perform though. Time will tell since Bill is gone, but so far, they have kept the innovation up and the price down. I worry about the attention spent for the lawyers though. The first thing to go on my LC9 was the mag disconnect.
    Taurus has come a long way since they began. Almost the reverse of Ruger. Rugers were always tanks, and lately they seem to have "slimmed down" to keep the cost, weight down. I realize that some models require that ( LCP,LC9, LCR )
    I just hope they keep the tanks coming....SP101, Redhawk types. They discontinued the Security 6 line, which was excellent.
    Time will tell I guess.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Links