Guns I won't ever own

This is a discussion on Guns I won't ever own within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 For years I swore up and down I would never own a Glock, let alone carry one. Now, I cannot imagine ...

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Guns I won't ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    For years I swore up and down I would never own a Glock, let alone carry one. Now, I cannot imagine regularly carrying anything else.
    Exactly what happened to me.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Billspider View Post
    Exactly what happened to me.
    Amen
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

I can dream......

msgt/ret, DefConGun and WHEC724 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I can dream......

That might actually convince me to buy a Glock provided they made it with steel instead of plastic.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Hi Point, Taurus, and Glocks.... yeah I went there
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I would not count out any brand or type, other than pink. I just can't do pink. If others want to, fantastic. Just not me.

Actually I don't see myself with a Judge either. No good reason.
    I'm with you. There is something s-o-o wrong with pink!

Otherwise, I'll judge each gun on its merits at the time (NEVER is not really a safe thing to say).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I think its risky to say, "I'll never own a ____ (fill in the blank). No one knows what tomorrow holds and your favorite gun manufacturer could very well be snatched up and acquired by another, for example, i.e., Browning acquiring Winchester, Remington acquiring Marlin, etc.

Old man Glock, also is not going to live forever and most likely when he passes, Glock may very well be a different company. The Glock you swear by now may no longer be if there is a restructuring. Conversely, A manufacturer that you hate could come out with an innovative product that you may find yourself swearing by, etc. So although it may be less risky to say, I'll never have a revolver or a 1911 or any other platform per se, I wouldn't swear by that either. Ask Glockman how his 1911 is winning him over and talk to the many people on this forum that have been won over by Glocks. As Nutnfancy says, to keep himself from being painted in a box, opinions and views are a snapshot in time and are subject to change.

I'll at least handle anything. Initial grip first impressions typically make the decision, then trigger pull.

I've had a few that felt good, bought them, fired 150 rounds, then sold them as incompatible with my shooting style/grip.

I'm also very brand loyal to Baby Eagles (IWI), yet am having issues with my first polymer version. Still undecided with it. Here's to hoping I just got a poor QC gun off the line. I may buy a second one to see if there is a pattern.

Glocks I will never own on principle (they're like Harley Davidsons - Too many people regard them as status symbols).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

never thought id buy a glock, till i shot one and i ended up buying a Gen3 G19 last week for a steal, but i would never own a taurus revolver or most of their autos... just dont like em...

Someone earlier said that what you will or won't own often changes over time. In 1981 I purchased a .38 caliber Charter Arms Undercover because I was young and poor and could afford it. But because of the bad publicity Charter Arms got in those days as makers of cheap "Saturday night specials", I quickly regretted my purchase and put Charter Arms on my list of guns I'd never buy again. (It also wouldn't shoot +P rounds, so I thought that meant it was a piece of junk.) Fast forward thirty years. I still have this little snubbie, and now I think it's a well-made revolver that shoots straight and true. I either carry it or my new Ruger LC9.

Handled some nice 1911's this past weekend at the gun show... Whoooowe, some sweet feeling steel, letme tell ya.. Good thing the wife took the credit card, or I might be on gun restriction for quite a while....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I can dream......

A more likely "new" model (and for me, at least, a more preferable one) would be a 4.5" - 5" .45acp with a full grip built on the G36 concept.

But that is still a great pic!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I haven't read all the above posts...but I will not own anything that doesn't have a reputation of running 100% out of the box. I don't get to the range as much as I like to.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    A more likely "new" model (and for me, at least, a more preferable one) would be a 4.5" - 5" .45acp with a full grip built on the G36 concept.

But that is still a great pic!
    something like this?

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Recent talk made me realize there are certain brands I will never buy for no particular reason. It isn't necessarily based on anything concrete, but more or less a general feeling.

Sig
    HK
    FNH (did want FNP45 at one time)
    Walther
    Ruger
    Desert Eagle
    Para
    CZ (non Dan Wessons)

I'll add more as I think of them. This not meant to flame one brand or another. Please refrain from doing so.

What are your non-buys?
    Probably Glocks Unless its a 36 at a GOOD price as thats the ONLY Glock id own due to their poor grips/grip angle.
    and probably HK just because they are too much $$ and the only one I like is the P7 :)

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Links