Guns I won't ever own

This is a discussion on Guns I won't ever own within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never thought I'd own a Sig. Then I shot a 226 and 229. Now I own both and carry one or the other daily....

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Guns I won't ever own

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Never thought I'd own a Sig. Then I shot a 226 and 229. Now I own both and carry one or the other daily.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Don't think I will ever say I'll never own a specific gun.

I used to say I wasn't a huge fan of m16 or ak47's....now I'm looking for one as we speak. Also, I wasn't really into 1911's when i first started getting into guns, but I'll have to add one to the collection just because they are so awesome....

Glocks! I've shot several, and they just don't feel "right" to me.
    +1, shot em, never liked em, will never buy em. I also will never buy a sig or a desert eagle. if I ever had the chance to get an M&P with an aftermarket trigger I would probably risk it. I'm a ruger and springfield guy myself
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

The worst gun I ever shot was wonderful !

Jennings hi-point llama if they still exist. I have nothing against glocks there just not for me with the funky grip angle.
    Texron likes this.

I won't buy anything that is a well-known POS; like the aforementioned Lorcin/Jennings/Bryco or a Taurus. Why would someone do that? Get something that you like; that you know will work; and don't buy a POS in the first place.

Student in our last practical pistol course had a Rossi revolver...action felt like frozen peanut butter (gun was clean and relatively new [her husband bought it for her]), timing was poor, just an all-around problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    Student in our last practical pistol course had a Rossi revolver...action felt like frozen peanut butter (gun was clean and relatively new [her husband bought it for her]), timing was poor, just an all-around problem.
    In addition to the Rossi, I wonder if he also bought her more life insurance? Hmmmmmmmm...
    bigmacque likes this.

I avoid any Taurus, Hi-Point, and any guns from S. America and China. I also avoid Glocks, which are excellent pistols.... 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    Low Point,,,oops I mean High Point. All others are on the table at least once
    That's the only one I can honestly say I will never own. I refuse to disgrace my other firearms with its presence
    Last edited by OD*; February 7th, 2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Repair quote

Things change though as your skills evolve and needs change. I don't rule anything out. If I had a cabin in the woods I visited once in the blue moon I might even buy a highpoint 45 and leave it there. At some point your skill allows you to get about the same results with any size or type of gun you use though. I held a couple of Glocks last week I liked although I never completely took to them. After owning 4 Sigs now I would say they have been hands down the most reliable guns I've ever owned. I wouldn't even build a list including guns I haven't fired. I still have my first Taurus from the early 90s when I carried into Atlanta at night working. Still love that little thing. I have to say after owning two S&W bodyguard 380s their firing pins both breaking more than once and the utterly crap laser built in drove me to sell them both at a 40% loss. Two pocket Sigs replaced them and I have never been happier. My Sig P250 has never even burped. My Sig 1911 went through about 20 matches and about 10,000 rounds with maybe a half dozen common simple malfunctions and still looks brand new. The finish isn't even work on the slide rails...

Quote Originally Posted by Goat_Herder View Post
    I avoid any Taurus, Hi-Point, and any guns from S. America and China. I also avoid Glocks, which are excellent pistols.... 20 years ago.
    I don't know why anyone would rule out Bersa, especially after they've handled/fired one.
    BurgerBoy and NickBurkhardt like this.

I would never buy a Kel-Wreck again.

There's probably nothing I won't try, but I've yet to put a Springfield, Smith and Wesson, Taurus, Ruger or Kel-Tec in my hand that I liked the feel of.
    I love CZs and HKs. There's enough in those lines to keep me busy.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

No Norincos; Thats right; I said no Norincos. .......... I use chopsticks to help me clean guns; and that's all.
    NRA member..... S&W mod. 58; Colt Gold Cup 1911 ( brite blued); 8 in Colt Python (nickle) ;/ SCAR 17s ( black); My ride... Jeep Grand Overland
    ..41 Magnum.........'cause shooting twice is silly.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Links