Chiappa rhino .357 mag.

This is a discussion on Chiappa rhino .357 mag. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been looking at the Rhino and, except for the price, I might have had one by now. As to price, anyone know if one can ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Chiappa rhino .357 mag.

Chiappa rhino .357 mag.

Been looking at the Rhino and, except for the price, I might have had one by now. As to price, anyone know if one can be had for under the $700+ MSRP listed everywhere in gun mags? I've seen the videos and the really light recoil--- has anyone tried one and how did you find the recoil; was it as low as the videos show it to be? Some say it's ugly; I go with those who prefer to say it looks " futuristic." And if you know where one can be had in the Cincinnati area for a GOOD price, please post it. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

Try calling Vandalia Armory in Vandalia Ohio. Usually great prices and they had a couple up there the other day. I liked the ones they had. Would love to shoot one and maybe someday own one. Good luck.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    You might want to take a serious look at another thread here on DC regarding Chiappa. Just an FYI

Chiappa firearms owners or potential customers....FYI
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I haven't personally shot one but did have the opportunity to fondle one at a LGS. It has a different look but the trigger pull was smooth. One of the salesmen said that he had fired one and that 357 felt like 38's.

Sorry I don't really have much more info for you.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I would just stick to a j-frame or lcr. I wasn't impressed with the one I fired.

bigdog44; Thanks for the tip! Will check it out.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Stubborn: Interesting read! But is it true: they will not be added for another year??

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I honestly don't know sir. I was more "put off" by the attitude of Chiappa management. I was mildly interested in the Rhino, until I read that thread.
    I just wanted to pass along the benefit of the knowledge and wisdom we enjoy as members here.
    The more info we have, the better decisions we make.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hmmmm... Was intrigued with the design, but put off by the attitude... NEXT!
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Just read an article in the Oct. issue of "Guns" by Massad Ayoob on the Rhino and his last line is this: " The $700-plus-range retail looks steep... until you realize what the Rhino gives you in accuracy and .357 Magnum controllability." He says a friend of his carries this gun as his EDC and says it feels like a .38 Detective Special. The article is a real plus for this gun, but the price is still pretty hefty,IMO. Still, I'm intrigued by it and might just have to go to Vandalia, Ohio to see one for myself(although I have seen them at my local target World).

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I like the concept but I can't say I like the company's recent stance and philosophy. I wanted one until I read a bit....

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

The Rhino is the softest shooting .357 Magnum I've ever had the pleasure or displeasure to shoot. I would have to say that the recoil is best described as straight back into the hand, and only about as stout as a 9mm semi-auto... A joy to shoot.

Target shot at 20-yards off hand:
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Just read an article in the Oct. issue of "Guns" by Massad Ayoob on the Rhino and his last line is this: " The $700-plus-range retail looks steep... until you realize what the Rhino gives you in accuracy and .357 Magnum controllability." He says a friend of his carries this gun as his EDC and says it feels like a .38 Detective Special. The article is a real plus for this gun, but the price is still pretty hefty,IMO. Still, I'm intrigued by it and might just have to go to Vandalia, Ohio to see one for myself(although I have seen them at my local target World).
    Do yourself a favor, and try out the many other fine gun stores in the area. Shooting on their range gives me the heebie-jeebies, and I have never seen them have competitive prices on anything.
    bigdog44 likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

buckeye .45: You're right on re. prices at Target World. I have a preference for the LGS in Loveland, Ohio( You probably know exactly whereof I speak!). TW is literally right down the street from me, so I have a membership there due to convenience.

Here are a couple of reviews:
    Charge of the Chiappa Rhino
    Gun Review: Chiappa Firearms Rhino | The Truth About Guns
    I am going to see if someone has on at the next big gun show here (Oct 21), I want an in person look. Finding someone who actually has one in stock for sale may be a trick for a while.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links