Beretta Nano

Beretta Nano

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Didn't know if anyone had seen this I just got the email about it. Gee that trigger looks very familiar from somewhere. I like the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano

VIP Member

Beretta Nano

Didn't know if anyone had seen this I just got the email about it. Gee that trigger looks very familiar from somewhere.

I like the fact it has simple user adjustable sights.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Didn't know if anyone had seen this I just got the email about it. Gee that trigger looks very familiar from somewhere.

I like the fact it has simple user adjustable sights.
    Looks nice its venturing into Ruger LC9 territory. Yeah the trigger is gonna create a storm of bashing
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

My walther has a glock type trigger. It seems everyone is making the single stack 9mm that glock should be.

This is one that I will be looking forward to checking out later this year...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

That's a heck of a price!

There have been at least 2 other threads on this gun - lots of buzz about it.

Bottom line for me is that it is slightly larger and heavier than a Kahr PM9/CM9, so I don't have a need for one. A bit too large for the pocket role, IMHO. Otherwise, seems like a nice option.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Man is it ugly. Like, Taurus ugly.

But if it works...
    Hakkaa pδδlle!

Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder...I think it looks just fine.
    Granted, Kahrs are easier on the eyes, and Kimber's solo is better still (though a nightmare in other ways).
    Let's wait and see how the nano will do in the areas of reliability, trigger, shootability, etc.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    There's been a few discussions on this since it was previewed. One of them here: Beretta Nano - redux
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I need to find a gun attractive in order to get my interest.
    Beretta 92? Check.
    Sig 225? Check.
    1911? Check.
    Desert Eagle? Double check.
    Seecamp? Triple check.

Beretta Nano? Bzzzzzz.

Beretta Nano observations and specs

I have not seen one of these guns, but I went to the Beretta website and looked at the picture and specs. It appears to be similar to the other polymer frame 6+1 capacity 9mm guns on the market. My main consideration in purchasing one of these would be reliability and safety. Small guns can be unreliable, so I like to have one that has established a good reputation in this regard. And for pocket carry I value safety very highly. This gun appears to have a Glock-like safety arrangement with a hinged trigger and no external safety lever. I would personally require a good holster in that case, either in the pocket or wherever else it is carried.

But 6+1 9mm guns can be very useful and concealable, and Beretta has a good reputation, so I would consider one of these. Here are the specs:

Caliber - 9mm
    Model No. - JMN9S15
    Overall Length - 5.63”
    Overall Height - 4.17”
    Overall Width - .90”
    Barrel Length - 3.07”
    Sight Radius - 4.92”
    Sights - 3-Dot Low Profile
    Frame Chassis - Stainless Steel Insert
    Grip Frame - Technopolymer
    Slide Material - 4140
    Slide Finish - Pronox
    Capacity - 6 + 1 Rounds
    Weight Unloaded - 17.67 oz
    MSRP - $475
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

The "de-activates the guy" safety thing you need a ballpoint pem to work just makes me loose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    The "de-activates the guy" safety thing you need a ballpoint pem to work just makes me loose interest.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of it. When that video posted that was one of the first things they showed. I didn't even bother watching the rest.

If there's a safety on a gun I at least want to be able to operate with my hands.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    My walther has a glock type trigger. It seems everyone is making the single stack 9mm that glock should be.
    The question that you have to assume Glock has asked is....would a tiny single stack Glock 9mm still be the Glock that everyone loves?
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

As they say "Beauty is in the eye of thee beholder", but the main thing to look at is how well will it shoot and is it easy to carry. At $400.00 dollars it looks like a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    The question that you have to assume Glock has asked is....would a tiny single stack Glock 9mm still be the Glock that everyone loves?
    I would think so. The G36 seems to have enough of a fan base. I would bet they can repeat with a 9mm.
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links