Took my Glock to the doctor today..

This is a discussion on Took my Glock to the doctor today.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from taking my sick Gen 3 G 19 to the doctor today. They did surgery and put in a new extractor, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Took my Glock to the doctor today..

I just got back from taking my sick Gen 3 G 19 to the doctor today. They did surgery and put in a new extractor, ejector, and recoil spring. In all seriousness, it was an extremely pleasant transaction at the Glock headquarters today. Armorers were professional and personable, coming out and asking me very detailed explanations, verifying that I was indeed using the correct "Glock grip" and taking the time to explain to me what every part does and everything he did to make it better.

I was having HORRIBLY erratic ejections and recently getting as good amount of FTE's. MR. Armorer said he shot 60 rounds through it in the Glock range and only had one casing go way above his head and behind him, which is normal. Sure beats 45-50% of brass to the forehead and to the left.

Very good day. Everyone, even the front guard, at Glock was extremely professional and polite. If anyone has any issues with their Glock I would not hesitate in the least to take them up on their amazing Warranty.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

VIP Member
    Sure must be nice to be that close to the factory. Makes warranty work a breeze.

Good luck with the like-new G19.
    joker1 likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

thanks, roadrunner.... unfortunately, it already WAS a new G19! haha, bought it new in July
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I'm sure your G19 will make a speedy recovery!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I'm a certifeid Glock armorer,bought a 2nd gen G19 from an estate sale,never been out of the box since the elder man bought it,the extractor had rusted to the slide causing FTE's,as a precaution I called up Glock and told them to send me a new extractor and spring,NOPE! They wanted the gun thereselves,said they never seen an extractor rust to the slide,but when I got the G19 back everything except the slide,barrel,frame was new,and they sent a "bunch" of goodies,great people everytime I make a request.

Glock and Ruger have top-notch customer service, in my experience.
    tkruf likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

But I didn't think Glocks ever got sick. That one guy even buried his alive then dug it up and it was fine. Heck I thought maybe they self repaired at the end of the day like Steven Kings "Christine". Just pokin a little bit, glad it is happy again.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    But I didn't think Glocks ever got sick. That one guy even buried his alive then dug it up and it was fine. Heck I thought maybe they self repaired at the end of the day like Steven Kings "Christine". Just pokin a little bit, glad it is happy again.
    You stole my thunder! Why was it at Glock in the first place? My experience has been piss poor with my Gen 4 so far. They seem all nice on the phone and never get anything done. I have had to call back three times for the latest recoil spring.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

c hawk:

45-50% of shots were hitting me in the face. If they weren't bouncing off my head, they were going over and to the left. Started getting FTE's!
    I dont know if you are a member of GlockTalk, but apparently Glock has the OFFICIAL fix for the Gen 4's: a brand new style ejector stamped "30274" I believe it is.

I haven't shot it yet since the armorer, but he said he fired 60 rounds and they were all perfect exceot one went high and straight back.
    -George Washington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    c hawk:

45-50% of shots were hitting me in the face. If they weren't bouncing off my head, they were going over and to the left. Started getting FTE's!
    I dont know if you are a member of GlockTalk, but apparently Glock has the OFFICIAL fix for the Gen 4's: a brand new style ejector stamped "30274" I believe it is.

I haven't shot it yet since the armorer, but he said he fired 60 rounds and they were all perfect exceot one went high and straight back.
    Hi,

Yes I am familiar with Glock Talk, but after reading numerous threads. I think those guys are almost more confused with the issues. Is it the recoil spring? The extractor? The ejector? My god I have seen everything on that site. The most sound advice you will get on the forum is buy an M&P or a Gen 3 Glock. They are jumping ship like crazy over on GT. I first need to get the recalled recoil spring and then start doing the other trouble shooting.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

And here I thought being a Glock armorer was what Maytag repairmen did when the stress of their jobs got to be too much and they needed to slow down a bit.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I visited Glock headquarters back in May. Everyone was extremely friendly. The armorer replaced all 4 of my magazines with brand new ones and also replaces my recoil spring and slide stop lever.

Nothing was wrong with the gun but I was passing through Smyrna so I figured I would have them take a look at it. It was a cool experience.

Glock owners in Arizona are fortunate to have Glockmeister in Mesa who travels to various instate gun shows and performs repair/tune ups on a Glock, while you wait in most cases.

Glock doc?

That's what's great about Glocks. There are plenty of spare parts to be had, and with the help of youtube, even an idiot like myself can do his own glock "surgeries".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links