My three Heckler and Koch Pistols

This is a discussion on My three Heckler and Koch Pistols within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Old thread, but I was wondering about the P7 myself. I don't have a carry gun at the moment and thought the P7 seemed like ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My three Heckler and Koch Pistols

Nix
    Old thread, but I was wondering about the P7 myself.

I don't have a carry gun at the moment and thought the P7 seemed like it would be easy to carry. I shot one about 10 years ago (?) and I stands out in my mind as a remarkably accurate pistol. Aside from its odd looks, any other concerns about reliability, accuracy, or ease of carry?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post

I don't have a carry gun at the moment and thought the P7 seemed like it would be easy to carry. I shot one about 10 years ago (?) and I stands out in my mind as a remarkably accurate pistol. Aside from its odd looks, any other concerns about reliability, accuracy, or ease of carry?
    To answer your question, no, no and no. My 2 have been as reliable as the sun rising and setting each day. I am not a good shot, but with the P7, I am much better than anything else I have ever owned or fired. I have carried one every day in an OWB rig for at least 3 years and most of the time, forget it is there. Plus, it is the safest pistol ever. With the squeeze grip, the gun will not fire unless you squeeze the grip first.

Get yourself a couple and shoot them and carry them and know you are as safe with a P7 as with any other handgun out there.

As Moby put it so well: no,no,and no! There is no concern about the reliability of the P7 platform as it is almost universally recognized as one of the most reliable pistols ever buit. The accuracy you seem to have experienced for yourself, but the question is not "is the P7 accurate," but rather, "is the P7 not one of the 2 or 3 most accurate service pistols (right out of the box) ever built?" As for ease of carry, they are slim, flat, and compact, but they are butt-heavy and you need a good holster to really make this pistol work. I have and can recommend holsters by Matt Del Fatti (ISP-LP, LP-HTL), Milt Sparks (VM- II), Greg Kramer (IWB #3), Alessi (CQC-S), and Sam Andrews (McDaniel II), but by all means get a quality holster for this pistol--it deserves one! You can tell I'm a P7 fan, but I'm not alone in believing this to be perhaps the finest CCW pistol ever made in 9mm. Best,
    JD
    "In a world of compromise, some men don't." HK ad slogan from the 1980's.

Nix
    As far as I can tell, the M7 is no longer in production. Guess I'll need to keep an eye on the used market.....

As far as I can tell, the M7 is no longer in production. Guess I'll need to keep an eye on the used market.....
    None of the P7 series is in production these days, but there has been a good number of German police trade-in guns coming into this country lately. These are usually the P7 PSP, with the European-style heel magazine release. As with many police surplus guns, most of these recent imports were carried often but shot seldom. Prices on these surplus guns are all over the map, but I have never paid more than $650 for one myself. They are very, very fine guns for that kind of money. They shouldn't be hard to find used, and there is always various on-line sellers handling them as well. Check out "The Cult of the P7" over on the Park Cities Tactical website--it is the go-to place for P7 info on the interweb. Best,
    JD
    "In a world of compromise, some men don't." HK ad slogan from the 1980's.

I've had a USP full size 9mm var.1 since 1994.....it has close to 25k rounds through it.....never had a miss feed or fail to fire or any other failure with it.....it's the gun I would have no problem going to for any situation....I have a few 1911's and assorted other pistols for edc....but the USP is still my SHTF pistol....I know it will feed and fire any crap ammo I might have to run through it....and go bang every time.....some like Glocks...the grip angle never worked for me so I don't own any...even though I'm a Glock Armorer.....if it fits your hand and you can hit with it,thats what you carry....just MHO.....

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I miss my P2000 right now.

I love H&K's. Congrats

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links