Question for people that own the Walther PPS >>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Question for people that own the Walther PPS >>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the LGS last night and looked at it. I really like the feel of it, however the trigger on it was not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Question for people that own the Walther PPS >>>>>>>

Question for people that own the Walther PPS >>>>>>>

I went to the LGS last night and looked at it. I really like the feel of it, however the trigger on it was not smooth and felt really tight as if it was binding. Is this normal ??? I asked the manager and he said that in his experience the trigger does not get much better, maybe a little, but not much better. Also I was told that there are 2 models one that has arund a 6-7 pound trigger and another that is around 10 pounds. How can I tell which one is which without measuring it ??? By the way my Taurus PT709 has the same glock-like trigger but is much smoother, so I am used to this type of trigger. Just wanted to hear back from owners of the PPS and their experience. Thanks for any info. God Bless

2. Remove Ads

Here is what I remember if I am wrong hopefully someone will correct me'
    WAP10001 9mm, WAP10002 40 cal, WAP10003 First Edition 9mm,
    WAP10004 9mm California Compliant w/mag safety, WAP10005 40 ca California Compliant w/mag safety
    WAP10006 9mm Mass. compliant 10lb trigger, WAP10007 40 ca Mass. compliant 10lb trigger
    WAP10008 9mm w/ night sights, WAP10009 40 ca w/ night sights.

The one I owned did have a bit of a tight trigger, but not too horrible. It did get a bit better over time. I like the M&P trigger quite a bit better.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

trigger on my 9mm PPS is very "Glock-like", and is very smooth and fairly light. No idea of the exact weight of the trigger pull, but its not much off my Glock 19. I've always compared my PPS as shooting like a skinny Glock. Yeah, I know....real scientific information for you. Best I can do, sorry.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VBVAGUY,

Did you mean PPK/S? ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

My PPS trigger is smooth but wasn't right out of the box. I like it now just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    VBVAGUY,

Did you mean PPK/S? ; )
    H/D

Sorry if I was not clear, but I meant the Walther PPS. Thanks and God Bless

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Mine has a VERY light trigger....too light for me. I would like to make it a bit heavier. The reset is NOT smooth at all. I would like that fixed, too. I am wondering if some buffing out the mechanism would help. Unfortunately I cannot get hold of an armorer's manual so not really sure how to completely disassemble it...unlike my Glock.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

FWIW, I received this email today

Hi Everyone,

This is a special GunsAmerica Blog Digest email announcing a special promotion we are doing with Walther. It includes the $50 coupon at the right here for the PPS, and we will be giving away a PPQ, a P99, and a PPS.

All of the guns are reviewed here in the blog and if you are in the market for either a polymer striker fired pistol or a Micro-9mm (or .40S&W), these Walthers are worth a hard look.

Elite Striker Pistols from Walther
    Link: Walther PPQ & P99 AS Gun Reviews
    At first glance you would think the Walther P99 and PPQ are the same gun, but when you look closer, the only things they really have in common are the way they fire (with a striker), their basic profile, and their weight, 1 lb., 8.3oz. The rest is different.
    If your inclination is "Yawwwwwn" when you see a review of a modern polymer striker fired pistol, you aren’t alone. All but a few go bang every time, feel great in your hand, and don’t seem to break ever. They even mostly look the same. But there are differences, even major differences, and PPQ and P99 are two guns that deserve a hard look. Most of us think of Walther as an old time manufacturer of WWI and WWII pistols, and for the current PPK/PPKS, but both the PPQ and P99 are standouts in the polymer pistol world and should be taken very seriously. The P99 is totally unique in the striker fired world. Read More...

The Walther PPS – Is it the Best Micro-9mm?
    Link: The Walther PPS – Gun Review
    This year saw the flood of extremely small 9mm pistols into the gun market. I call them as a group, "the Micro-9mm." Just about any gun nut will get excited about on the promise of 9mm firepower in a small package that will fit in your pocket. And with the wave of new concealed carry laws across the US, tens of thousands of new gun owners have come into the market, all looking for the best Micro-9mm. I can’t say I have tested in hand all of the different offerings out there, but after extensive testing, I have to vote that the Walther PPS, if you did go test them all side by side, would come up on top. I’ll try to explain why. Read More...
    GunsAmerica
    Where America Buys and Sells Guns.
    Guns for Sale, Gun Classifieds, Gun Auctions, Shop for Guns at GunsAmerica

This is an official GunsAmerica Email Notification.

I am biased in that I have and consider my PPS as my primary carry gun. But after reading the GunsAmertica review, i totally agree. I have over 2000 rounds through my PPS without and failures whatsoever, using various brands of ammo. Hell, I would expect at least a few failures due to bad ammo, but none. I used my PPS in a Suarez International course, a real good test of your equipment, and it performed flawlessly. As for the trigger, yes it does improve with use but I found the trigger perfectly acceptable to me out of the box. Remember, none of these guns are target guns. Yes, the trigger on my Colt Gold Cup is definitely better, but my PPS is designed and used for a different function.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Keeping in mind that the PPS is a striker fire, the trigger on ours (really daughters) is not bad at all. Actually pretty smooth and just right in pull. I love it and when my daughter decides to move out I'm getting another one for me.
    I'd say that the one you're writing about needs to be checked out by a smith.
    .XX likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Ok went to the range today and fired 100 rounds from my Taurus PT709 and 100 rounds from my Keltec PF9. I wanted to try out something so I asked the RO if I can try out some of their rental guns the Glock G26 and Walther PPS 9mm. It has been a very long-long-long-long time since I fired a Glock and now I remember why. Nothing against Glocks but I really did not like the ergonomics of the G26, I shot well, but just did not feel comfortable with it. The PPS on the other hand, even though the trigger seemed stiff and gritty, when firing I did not notice it. I shot much better with the PPS, it was really very easy to shoot. I was really suprised that with me shooting the PPS the first time at 10 yards I was getting really great groupings. However if I were to get one, I may have to look for the model WAP10006 with the heavier 10 pound trigger as this one that I shot that had the standard 6 pound trigger felt so light to me. I just wanted to share my experience. God Bless

My first edition PPS 9MM is superb - over 6000 rounds.

EdC
    My PPS trigger was gritty and is gritty after about 1,500 rounds. Good pistol, though. The cons of the crappy trigger are outweighed by the many pros of this gun. Even though the trigger feels lousy, it shoots just fine.

Does anyone own or has shot the 10 pound trigger PPS ??? Is so what did you think about it ?? Thanks for any info. God Bless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links