Temptation!!!!

Temptation!!!!

This is a discussion on Temptation!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just started loging in guns at work today and a Kimber Eclipse 10mm showed up! I have an eclipse .45 but I tell ya I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temptation!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Temptation!!!!

Just started loging in guns at work today and a Kimber Eclipse 10mm showed up! I have an eclipse .45 but I tell ya I am a sucker for a 10mm!!!! Is it worth the beating to take it home?
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I'm a sucker for any 10mm. If the price is right, I say go for it. Specially since it's your hide....not mine.

Spell Check!!!! (Sorry, the spelling Nazi side of me won out)

To OP, if you have other .45s I think the 10mm is a great add.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

VIP Member

Thumbs up

I say go for it. I'm sure Mrs. Dragman is used to it by now.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Here's my technique: You pick up the firearm, drive in to the garage and plant the gun somewhere in the garage, but visit it once in a while. Wait for a day when your wife goes shopping and comes home with goodies for herself, it doesn't take long, and then you can let the new gun join its other friends. If your wife questions it, you can look her in the eye and say: "oh this thing, I've had it for a while".

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    Here's my technique: You pick up the firearm, drive in to the garage and plant the gun somewhere in the garage, but visit it once in a while. Wait for a day when your wife goes shopping and comes home with goodies for herself, it doesn't take long, and then you can let the new gun join its other friends. If your wife questions it, you can look her in the eye and say: "oh this thing, I've had it for a while".
    That is both brilliant and hilarious at the same time

Have you heard of :concealed carry!? I'll just bet you have, so....,.... go for it:the rage(of your wife) only lasts a little while!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I am gonna try and hold off for 24 hours if It still makes me smile when I look at it in 24hours I will probably buy it. she will be pissed but she knows how me and guns are!!!! I always say at least it's not other women! Problem is I have other 10mm's and other 1911's! guns are like my drug!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Out of all the bad habits you could have, guns are one of the least offensive!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I am gonna try and hold off for 24 hours if It still makes me smile when I look at it in 24hours I will probably buy it. she will be pissed but she knows how me and guns are!!!! I always say at least it's not other women! Problem is I have other 10mm's and other 1911's! guns are like my drug!
    Just tell her 1911s are communal and prefer the company of other 1911s.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Just tell her 1911s are communal and prefer the company of other 1911s.
    I suggest "Honey, you know this is the 100 year anniversary of the 1911. I heard a rumor that production of these excellent firearms will end in 2012. Therefore, I need to purchase as many as I can because the price will escalate next year"
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I suggest "Honey, you know this is the 100 year anniversary of the 1911. I heard a rumor that production of these excellent firearms will end in 2012. Therefore, I need to purchase as many as I can because the price will escalate next year"
    I tried that a couple times this year. I don't think that one will work this time hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I tried that a couple times this year. I don't think that one will work this time hahaha.
    Well you could try "Honey, since production will cease and the economy is bad gold is too expensive so I figure this is an investment we can afford and it will pay dividends plus provide added protection against inflation and the BG's"
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Your wife will get over it.....they always do.

The Eclipse is one good looking 1911! Did'ent know it was offered in 10mm.

Snag it!

If you get a good deal go for it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links