Walther PK 380

Walther PK 380

This is a discussion on Walther PK 380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend just bought a Wlather PK 380 without shooting one and since he has to wait 3 days to pick up the gun (he ...

Thread: Walther PK 380

Cool Walther PK 380

A friend just bought a Wlather PK 380 without shooting one and since he has to wait 3 days to pick up the gun (he is taking his Fla CCW course Sat) I was hoping that a few folks here could give their thoughts on the weapon.

From what I have read it is large for a weapon firing a .380 cartridge but suppose to be well made and very comfortable to shoot. He paid $364.00 out the door including state tax.

Thanks in advance for the help.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Love mine. Smooth, accurate, low recoil. And makes me look like an international spy.

I used one of the guns brought by an instructor at my CCW course and liked it a lot: not much bigger than the P22, very low recoil and no problems with FTf or FTE. Sounds like a deal to me!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I've put around 500 rounds through mine and absolutely love it. No problems what so ever. It does take a couple hundred rounds to break in, but after that it is extremely accurate. My wife shot it for the first time not to long ago and all I learned was I'm never crossing her again!

The best feature is that the recoil is next to nothing. I swear it has no more that a .22.

I bought the Wife one, she liked the size and the fact she could easily rack the slide (at the time she had a hurt finger and reduced grip). I don't care much for the take down key thing you have to use to remove the slide for cleaning, but it doesn't affect the gun's functionality.

We paid $500, came with a Kydex holster and laser.

I have also carried it a couple of times, it is actually more comfortable than my SW40VE.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

You might have your friend check Walther Forums for some more info.

PK380 - WaltherForums
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Mine has been wonderful. I purchased it for my fiance about a month ago, and we have shot 400 rounds of fmj, 20 rounds of Federal Hydroshock, and 25 rounds of Critical defense with absolutely no problems. While a little large for a .380, the amount of recoil (or lack there of) is astonishing. It is a very comfortable gun to shoot.

My fiance is recoil sensitive, and does not enjoy shooting any of our other pistols (9mm, 45, .357). This gun has really filled a niche for us. It allowed her to have an enjoyable gun to shoot, while at the same time, giving me the peace of mind that she is willing to carry the .380 vs. the .22 she had once swore by.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chupacabr View Post
    Mine has been wonderful. I purchased it for my fiance about a month ago, and we have shot 400 rounds of fmj, 20 rounds of Federal Hydroshock, and 25 rounds of Critical defense with absolutely no problems. While a little large for a .380, the amount of recoil (or lack there of) is astonishing. It is a very comfortable gun to shoot.

My fiance is recoil sensitive, and does not enjoy shooting any of our other pistols (9mm, 45, .357). This gun has really filled a niche for us. It allowed her to have an enjoyable gun to shoot, while at the same time, giving me the peace of mind that she is willing to carry the .380 vs. the .22 she had once swore by.
    Welcome to the forum El_Chupacabr.

Thank you for your reply as your first post here.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Thank you for the acknowledgment!
    I've snooped around here quite a bit, but reserve my voice unless a topic I have some first hand knowledge of comes around.
    My fiance made sure I got the details correct for "her" PK380 lol. We really have enjoyed it, and I have the utmost confidence that your friend will enjoy his also.

The PK380 was my first firearm I used after I received my concealed handgun license in Texas. This gun has little to no recoil and large enough grips to avoid having the pinky finger hanging off. It's perfect for in-the-waist carry, but too uncomfortable for in the pocket (not impossible, but too uncomfortable for pocket carry). I recently saved up enough money to purchase the smaller Sig P238 because I wanted to pocket carry. The PK380 has a nice home in my car in a hidden cargo compartment under my passenger seat. The PK380 is a very good shooting gun.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

same for me it was the first gun I bought after getting my carry permit. its a very fun gun to shoot with great ergos. I sold mine a couple months ago only because i would rather buy more 9mm than .380 and shoot more.

I still have 2 PK380 mags if anyone is interested in buying them.

I bought mine 3 days ago for $ 350 otd w/ factory laser... picking it up in an hour or so... cant wait

EDIT: I'm interested blizzard

Just ran threw 50 rounds with the PK380 and boy that was a comfortable shoot! Accuracy could've been better, but no complaints as it is my first handgun. Easy take down aswell cleaning is a breeze! Overall this pistol is a keeper.

Links