Ruger SR9C

This is a discussion on Ruger SR9C within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok Guys and Gals I have changed my mind again I was all sent to save my pennies for the Diamnond Back Db9 I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ruger SR9C

Ruger SR9C

Ok Guys and Gals

I have changed my mind again

I was all sent to save my pennies for the Diamnond Back Db9

I have changed my mind I think for the better and goeing with the Ruger SR9c

This will be a pocket carry EDC I really like the size of the Diamond but I got spooked about service .

The Ruger is a bit bigger and at same price $ 399.00.
    Justified and TN_Mike like this.

2. Remove Ads

Have you actually tried to carry a SR9c in your pocket? I think you will find it too large for that role.

Consider a Kahr CM9. I have a PM9 (same size) and it is as large as I would want to try to pocket carry.

The only exception to this rule is when I am on duty - our Winter uniform pants have pockets that fit a Glock 26 perfectly. And of course, while in uniform, I do not care about printing.
    TN_Mike and zonker1986 like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

The SR9c is a great gun! BUT it is NOT a pocket carry. Good IWB gun.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

You'd be hard pressed to get the LC9 in a pocket, SR9c ain't happening, but I agree with Lateck it'd make a fine IWB gun.

I like that you can get the 17 rd mag. extension

I say go with the Ruger, but leave your pockets for carrying a spare mag, a gun belongs on your hip.

I had a SR9c and do not see it as a pocket gun. I also had a LC9 and also did not see that one as a pocket gun. The SR9c is a great gun but it goes on your hip.
    Good luck, Frank.

The SR9c is a great little gun. ive shot one and owned his big brother. They are as good a gun as you'll get for that price range I think, but no, not a pocket gun by any means.

VIP Member
    Only person I know who could comfortably pocket carry an SR9c is Captain Kangaroo. I'd suggest you look at the Kahr CW9. Price is about the same as the SR9c.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

SR9c is at the top of my list. A friend of mine carries his in his front pocket with out any issue, AND with a spare mag. You can't even tell it's there.

Something to consider.....the safety on the SR9C snags on EVERYTHING. If you have a loose thread anywhere near the gun, it will end up wrapping itself around the safety....trust me. While the SR9C is a dandy little CCW pistol, I would follow the advice of the previous posters and find something else like the Kahr CM9 or even the DB9 for pocket carry. I tried to pocket carry the SR9C and ended up almost pulling my pants pocket out with the gun on draw.....yep....hooked on a stray thread.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Something to consider.....the safety on the SR9C snags on EVERYTHING. If you have a loose thread anywhere near the gun, it will end up wrapping itself around the safety....trust me. While the SR9C is a dandy little CCW pistol, I would follow the advice of the previous posters and find something else like the Kahr CM9 or even the DB9 for pocket carry. I tried to pocket carry the SR9C and ended up almost pulling my pants pocket out with the gun on draw.....yep....hooked on a stray thread.
    Thanks for all the info .

I am still learning about 2.5 years into carrying .

I have been pocket carrying only . Kel - tec .380 , S&W 442, Kel - tec .32 in .

I am looking to step up a notch on EDC carrying power wise .

My problem being ( help with this please ) It would be hard work wise to holster I think .

My dress code is uniform type (blue collar) work shirt and work uniform long pants dickey style pants .

With collar shirt or polo shirt tucked in with belt.

Can the ruger be pulled off in holster carry with out being made ?

I did try the SR9C in pocket yesterday of course it was not loaded but looked like it could be pulled of pocket wise.

The man at the shop thinks so to .

Now no question the Diamond back for sure would not be a pocket problem , I am just worried about problems with it.

I want to make right choice

I have an SR9c, an LC9 and an LCP. Trust me, the SR9c is not a pocket gun. I have 2500 flawless rounds through mine and highly recommend it but not for.the pocket. Try an LC9 out. Mines been great and with the right pockets it fits comfortably.

I have also shot the DB9 and though the gun has promise I wouldn't consider buying one until their track record is more proven.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I have an SR9c, an LC9 and an LCP. Trust me, the SR9c is not a pocket gun. I have 2500 flawless rounds through mine and highly recommend it but not for.the pocket. Try an LC9 out. Mines been great and with the right pockets it fits comfortably.

I have also shot the DB9 and though the gun has promise I wouldn't consider buying one until their track record is more proven.
    Opps you know what I think I may have to go back to store it may be Lcp I have been looking at sorry .

That one fits the bill for sure .Do they call it the mini 9 ?

I have the LCP, PM9 and G26. They are listed in order of ease of pocket carry but, reverse in preference of which I'd want in my pocket should the need arise to respond to a threat upon my life or the lives of my family.

Not all shorts/trousers will do for pocket carry with a pistol such as the SR9c or G26, but many will-if you shop and buy accordingly. Dickie work pants have generous front pockets and are usually worn loose so pocket carry of the SR9c will probably work for you.

Some people (me included) just can't pull off the IWB carry, and it seems to bug the heck out of the large contingent of IWBers on this and other forums who seem to think an LCP is the outer limits of pocket carry.

My advice is to do what works for you and kudos for wanting to be armed at all times.
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

Ok I just called the store .( I am a *******) It is indeed the Ruger Lc9.

That is the one I will be going with I really like the fit and finish.

Sorry about the wrong model my fault thanks to all .

Now its just about saveing the enough cash

Man I wish I could get it today

Oh well worth the wait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links