NEW GUN! Heizer Defense, 2 shot O/U 45. A 21st Century derringer. - Page 2

NEW GUN! Heizer Defense, 2 shot O/U 45. A 21st Century derringer.

This is a discussion on NEW GUN! Heizer Defense, 2 shot O/U 45. A 21st Century derringer. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They posted the specs on their updated website - 5.5 x 3.9. Looks like it will be available with porting or without (good) and in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NEW GUN! Heizer Defense, 2 shot O/U 45. A 21st Century derringer.

They posted the specs on their updated website - 5.5 x 3.9. Looks like it will be available with porting or without (good) and in either titanium, or less expensive aluminum for the frame. Also will be available in 9mm.

That said, it is larger and more expensive than a 7-shot LCP (5.2 x 3.6), and only slightly smaller than a 7-shot PM9 (5.6 x 4.3). At the price they are listing, I only see die-hard .45 ACP and/or derringer fans buying this gun.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Ex Member
    I kind of like it. I will wait till a few hit the streets though.

Administrator
    Well you don't have to buy it in Titanium & you have the option of Ported or non-ported. That helps.

Aluminum Non-ported $499.

Aluminum Ported - $569.

Titanium - Non-ported $729.

Titanium Ported - $799.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Wooaah. Pricey little bugger. It was looking pretty nifty until I saw that. The concept is good, a highly durable compact .45acp, but I agree with 10thmtn, it will see limited interest.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The barrels have termites.

The more I look at that little gun - the more I like it for BUG duty.
    I need to hear some good news about how great & reliable it is first before I buy one.

ST LOUIS, MO --(Ammoland.com)- Heizer Defense LLC, a new firearms company located in St. Louis, Missouri, will produce a new paradigm of pistols for the responsible-citizen and law enforcement markets.

The principals behind the newly formed company bring over 190 years of firearms industry, design technology, manufacturing and aerospace engineering to Heizer Defense.

The new patent pending firearms will incorporate space-age high tensile alloys, USA manufacturing and the most current design capabilities.

Raymond B. Kohout, an entrepreneur with over 32 years in the firearms industry including ownership of the then largest retail firearms store in the St. Louis metro area and design and manufacturing of the first nylon assault rifle case and military nylon holsters, is partnering with Charles K Heizer an engineering genius who founded one of the leading Aerospace manufacturing companies in the USA.

Other members of the Heizer team bring critical knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering, design and machining of components for the commercial, military and aerospace industries.

The first product to roll off the Heizer production line will be a very unique, patent-pending Tactical Pocket Pistol. Specifics on the product will be announced in November 2011 at the NASGW Show in Reno, Nevada. The company’s website will also be officially launched just prior to the NASGW show. More information on the company and the new products will be available soon.

About Heizer Defense:
    Heizer Defense LLC is a firearms design, engineering and manufacturing company headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. The facility’s commitment to quality is exemplified in the multiple certifications including AS9100A:2004 Rev B. Certified, ISO 9001:2000, BQMS D6-82479 and D1-9000 AQS. Heizer Firearms - Creators of the Doubletap™

Related Articles:
    If this appeared in the software industry it would be called "vaporware". Their website didn't show me anything more than drawings and animations of a product. That'd be fine if we only had to worry about animated bad guys and cartoons. Will the first one be delivered to a coyote someplace in the southwest dessert in a huge box from "Acme Industries"?
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

VIP Member
    Unless it is made by the people from DoubleTap ammo, I smell an IP lawsuit coming. The gun itself looks interesting, but is probably not much fun to shoot, but shootable when that is all you have. Looks reasonably easy to conceal.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links