NEW GUN! Heizer Defense, 2 shot O/U 45. A 21st Century derringer.

This is a discussion on NEW GUN! Heizer Defense, 2 shot O/U 45. A 21st Century derringer. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heizer Firearms Very little information unfortunately. I guees it would be OK as a third/last option sock/pocket gun....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NEW GUN! Heizer Defense, 2 shot O/U 45. A 21st Century derringer.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

NEW GUN! Heizer Defense, 2 shot O/U 45. A 21st Century derringer.

Heizer Firearms

Very little information unfortunately. I guees it would be OK as a third/last option sock/pocket gun.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

I had an American Deringer in 45 acp. It kicked like a mule and it was an all steel 15oz. gun. I am not real recoil sensitive but it was not fun to shoot. I can only imagine the recoil on this little devil (the Heizer). Traded the derringer for a Beretta 84bb.
    Diddle likes this.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Looks like a great back up gun
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

being a complete recoil junky, I'd love to take that little bad boy for a spin. With the ported barrel, that little guy would light up the night.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Administrator
    I like it but, it might be one of those guns that you can't get repair parts for three years from now. But, looking on the bright side - you won't hafta hunt for spare magazines.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Looks like that sheet metal gun (the liberator?) they dropped into Europe during WWII for use by the resistance.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.heizerfirearms.com/
    2 rounds in chamber and integral grips houses an additional 2 spare rounds.

So from what I am reading that is a total of 4 rounds of .45acp. Nice !!! Makes a great BUG to the BUG God Bless

To all you aliens out there, like you Romulans, take note the label on the side says, this is made on the planet EARTH !!!! Which of course is located at the 3rd planet from our sun in the Milky Way galaxy in the Alpha Quadrant. God Bless

Interesting. Looks like a handful. What's cool is that it actually appears to have a small front sight.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Cool

Bet that would light the shooter up if fired from the retention posistion or inside a pocket.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Flashy barrel! Sort of looks like a big-ass LCP.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    The barrels have termites.

The more I look at that little gun - the more I like it for BUG duty.
    I need to hear some good news about how great & reliable it is first before I buy one.

ST LOUIS, MO --(Ammoland.com)- Heizer Defense LLC, a new firearms company located in St. Louis, Missouri, will produce a new paradigm of pistols for the responsible-citizen and law enforcement markets.

The principals behind the newly formed company bring over 190 years of firearms industry, design technology, manufacturing and aerospace engineering to Heizer Defense.

The new patent pending firearms will incorporate space-age high tensile alloys, USA manufacturing and the most current design capabilities.

Raymond B. Kohout, an entrepreneur with over 32 years in the firearms industry including ownership of the then largest retail firearms store in the St. Louis metro area and design and manufacturing of the first nylon assault rifle case and military nylon holsters, is partnering with Charles K Heizer an engineering genius who founded one of the leading Aerospace manufacturing companies in the USA.

Other members of the Heizer team bring critical knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering, design and machining of components for the commercial, military and aerospace industries.

The first product to roll off the Heizer production line will be a very unique, patent-pending Tactical Pocket Pistol. Specifics on the product will be announced in November 2011 at the NASGW Show in Reno, Nevada. The company’s website will also be officially launched just prior to the NASGW show. More information on the company and the new products will be available soon.

About Heizer Defense:
    Heizer Defense LLC is a firearms design, engineering and manufacturing company headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. The facility’s commitment to quality is exemplified in the multiple certifications including AS9100A:2004 Rev B. Certified, ISO 9001:2000, BQMS D6-82479 and D1-9000 AQS. www.heizerdefense.com

Related Articles:

Titanium frame = $$$$

Interesting concept, but I think I'd rather have 7 rounds of .380 in something like a LCP than only 2 rounds of .45 in this.

I guess this will appeal to the crowd who refuse to carry anything other than a .45. For them, it will be the ultimate BUG, since they are convinced you only need one shot of .45 anyway...

I also would not want to fire that thing from a close retention position, with those ported barrels. I kinda value my eyes - call me crazy...
    Last edited by 10thmtn; October 1st, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    To all you aliens out there, like you Romulans, take note the label on the side says, this is made on the planet EARTH !!!! Which of course is located at the 3rd planet from our sun in the Milky Way galaxy in the Alpha Quadrant. God Bless
    Not just anyplace on Earth. St Louis, MO, where they could use all the compact firepower they can get.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Looks like that sheet metal gun (the liberator?) they dropped into Europe during WWII for use by the resistance.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links