Fired a Taurus 24/7 today

This is a discussion on Fired a Taurus 24/7 today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was very plesently surprised. This seems to be a very servicable defensive piece at a reasonable price....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fired a Taurus 24/7 today

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

Fired a Taurus 24/7 today

I was very plesently surprised. This seems to be a very servicable defensive piece at a reasonable price.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I've never been a Taurus fan based on my friends exprences with a PT-??? Mellinum and their customer service. However, they are certainly affordable and have a great appearence. Glad your experence was good, my friend.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Talked to a guy in line with me at Bass Pro yesterday and he swears by his four Taurus revolvers! I saw one that was ported, about a 6'' barrel for just over $500: couldn't touch a S&W like it for under $700-800. Then, again, I'm still not sure I would trust a Taurus but, if I did, it would be a revolver.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    my first gun was a 24/7. It was a fantastic gun. Loved the rubber grips.

My first carry gun was a Taurus PT-99. That being said, that was 22 years ago and the quality control of Taurus went down hill steadily and FAST in the late 90's and early 2000's. I have heard reports that their QC is improving but, I still would not buy a Taurus right now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I own a couple of Taurus guns without any major issues. Their new guns seem to be as good as most others. I like the 24/7 and I also like some of the features of the 800 series of guns.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    I was very plesently surprised. This seems to be a very servicable defensive piece at a reasonable price.
    Congratulations! I have a 24/7 Pro in 4" .45ACP. I love it. It's a wonderful gun, and reliable.

But, I should probably correct that statement; my WIFE has a 24/7 Pro in 4" .45ACP......

I have an EAA Windicator in 2". And, will soon have a RIA 1911 in .45ACP. (As soon as I feel that I can bring it home without her killing me with it.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

We have 3 24/7 Pro's in the stable. One daughter full size 9, on daughter compact 9 and son in law .40 compact. Don't have thousands of rounds through them but never a problem with any of the three.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

My 24/7 have been 100% from day one. Probably has 5-6000 rds, maybe more through it now.

Hopefully yours will give the same results and you will be happy with it as well.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I have a PT845, which is essentially the same platform in a hammered style. It's a great piece, no issues, and I got mine second hand dirt cheap. Mostly range use, but I also have a PT709 that I carry a lot, and it has 1800 rounds through it with no issues at all. Great little gun, easy to carry, fun to shoot. My only two experiences with Taurus and they've been flawless.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I don't own one myself but it will certainly be a handgun I tell my students they can afford without breaking the bank.

My experiences with Taurus have been good, however the two I had were late 80's models.

A model 66 4" .357 and a PT92FS 9mm. Both were excellent with accurracy and reliability and were carried daily as service weapons when I worked at Dunbar Armorred Car in the late 80's and early 90's.

I sold the 92 (I am sorry to this day for doing so) and still have the 66. The 66 has over 20K rounds thru it and was serviced/repaired by Taurus (1 week turnaround) for some issues with lock up. They even replaced a slightly worn trigger spring.

Now has had an additional 450 rounds thru it and functions like new.

So; positive feedback on the older weapons, positive feedback on the customer service and lifetime warranty!

I have 4 Taurus revolvers and 2 autos and they all work just fine.

John

Yeah,there's a reason their so affordable!
    Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post

Resurecting this thread..... I'm fond of .45's in that I owned a 1911 for a time years ago and truly enjoyed carrying and shooting it. It appears the comments from those who've owned / fired the Taurus 24/7 that it is a good weapon at a good price. I'm intrigued.....tell me more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links