What handgun do you trust the most?

This is a discussion on What handgun do you trust the most? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was sitting here thinking about which one of my guns do I trust the most to fire six shots into a 3 inch target ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What handgun do you trust the most?

I was sitting here thinking about which one of my guns do I trust the most to fire six shots into a 3 inch target 15 yards away the fastest. I was thinking that reliability and accuracy was most important. The gun I came up with is my Fullsize H&K USP45. The thing will not jam for anything.It is also very accurate but not as accurate as my Gold Cup.But I just trust the damb thing. So what handgun do you trust the most to do this job? One handgun only please for your answer. Alot of guys cop out and name more than one so just one. This is going to be fun to watch.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

eb
    I have many handguns, and this ones easy... my fullsize Beretta PX4 Storm in 9mm. I bought it back when they first came out (2004 I think) and it has literally never malfunctioned. I believe after the last range trip, it is nearing 3000 rounds of completely flawless perfection. I love the rotating barrel, it just eats up recoil. I recently bought the subcompact PX4 as well, and so far the first 500 rounds have been equally as flawless. I have a 45 on order that should be here Thursday. The PX4 is definitely my favorite handgun, and IMHO, one of the more underrated guns on the market. The gun shop had cases full of Glocks, XDs, and M&Ps... and 3 Storms. When I placed the order for the 45 version, the shop owner said "Yeah, these are awesome guns.... its too bad that sometimes the best products on the market aren't the ones people buy the most".

VIP Member
    S&W 2 ” Model 19 doesn’t matter if it is loaded with 38s or 357s it is the most accurate handgun for me that I own.
    MNBurl likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Tie: SIG 229 40 or M&P 357 SIG. Absolute confidence.
    SIGguy229 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    I have many handguns, and this ones easy... my fullsize Beretta PX4 Storm in 9mm. I bought it back when they first came out (2004 I think) and it has literally never malfunctioned. I believe after the last range trip, it is nearing 3000 rounds of completely flawless perfection. I love the rotating barrel, it just eats up recoil. I recently bought the subcompact PX4 as well, and so far the first 500 rounds have been equally as flawless. I have a 45 on order that should be here Thursday. The PX4 is definitely my favorite handgun, and IMHO, one of the more underrated guns on the market. The gun shop had cases full of Glocks, XDs, and M&Ps... and 3 Storms. When I placed the order for the 45 version, the shop owner said "Yeah, these are awesome guns.... its too bad that sometimes the best products on the market aren't the ones people buy the most".
    I couldn't agree more. I've put hundreds of rounds through my Px4 in 40 caliber and zero FTF/FTE. She eats up anything you feed her.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Tie: SIG 229 40...Absolute confidence.
    What he said
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Springfield XDsc

I own a G19 (primary carry) M&P9c, M&P40c ,and SP101.357 3". The only one I wont carry right now is the .40. Ive just gotten into that caliber and am not consistent when I practice with to the point of trusting my life with it.

Browning HiPower, when I really want reach out and touch some paper.
    Tzadik likes this.

Since you said six shots, I'd say my M&P 9c cause my S&W 637 only holds five.

My M&P doesn't have the round count that some of my other autos have, but to date, it has yet to have a hiccup of any kind and it's dead on accurate. Excellent pistol IMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

The following are guns I own that I trust completely: all my older S&W revolvers, all my Glocks, all my Colt 1911's and both my Browning HiPowers.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

My P220 Carry SAO is by far the one most often on my hip or at my side.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Quote Originally Posted by tcon67 View Post
    I own a G19 (primary carry) M&P9c, M&P40c ,and SP101.357 3". The only one I wont carry right now is the .40. Ive just gotten into that caliber and am not consistent when I practice with to the point of trusting my life with it.
    You give no answer here. As you did not name one handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointblank View Post
    The following are guns I own that I trust completely: all my older S&W revolvers, all my Glocks, all my Colt 1911's and both my Browning HiPowers.
    You also did not answer with one handgun . See like I said in my first post some people just cop out and don't answer the question.

Glock 36.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links