M&P 40c vs. Glock 23 Gen 4

This is a discussion on M&P 40c vs. Glock 23 Gen 4 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm undecided about which gun to purchase for everyday carry. I'm leaning toward the Glock - fits my hand better. What do members prefer and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&P 40c vs. Glock 23 Gen 4

M&P 40c vs. Glock 23 Gen 4

I'm undecided about which gun to purchase for everyday carry. I'm leaning toward the Glock - fits my hand better. What do members prefer and why? Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I prefer the Glock due to a faster, more tactile trigger reset.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

if the glock fits your hand better then that is the one to get, finding a place where you can rent each gun and see which one you prefer after shooting them would be a good thing to do.
    Chad Rogers likes this.

I have both. Currently I have a G26, G23 and a G36 and one S&W M&P9c..... Outa all the glocks the G26 is my favorite, but it looses out to my M&P for daily carry, due to the way it fits my hand and IMO the trigger is better in both reset and travel.. That could be due to the fact of the articulating trigger, some folks hate it, but I actually like it better than the safety on the glocks..YMMV
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

M&P40C is more comparable to the Glock 27 subcompact. Of the two, the M&P has to get my vote....just so darned pleasant to shoot. Glock 19 is my EDC, so I am torn on this subject.....if any guns could
    make me replace my Glocks as my EDC, it would be the M&P lineup.

M&P 9C vs Glock 26
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    They are both great pistols. Pick the one that feels best to you.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

VIP Member
    Both of these are fantastic picks and are boring reliable. It truly comes down to a take your pick scenario. You will get 2-1 of people saying to choose Glock as there are still millions more Glock owners out there and human nature says to tout what you bought. I have owned both and shot both for years. I choose M&P because I like many of the modern day features that it has over the Gen 3 Glock. While the original Glock design changed the world, it's still a 25 year old design. Though I own a Gen 4, they are not up for consideration because Glock tried to respond to M&P and others with modern day features, and laid a terd.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

The M&P fit me better, that's why I chose it over the Glock. Both are great guns and the best in their class. I'll repeat a lot of the previous posters by saying, get what fits.

VIP Member
    I don't own an M&P yet, but I do like the way they shoot. As far as Glock goes, I love my Gen 3's, but have no intention of ever owning a Gen 4.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    I've shot Glock, but I own the 40c for all of the (pro-M&P) reasons noted above. To provide you with an "apples" comparison, the dimensions of my strong hand is:

8.5" from (outstreched) tip of baby finger to tip of thumb.
    7.5" from tip of middle finger to crease in wrist.
    3.5" mid-palm width.

S&W provides three interchangeable (sm, med, lg) backstraps with their M&P's. My 40c is equipped with CTC grips, which feels like a med and a half backstrap. Before I bought the CTC grips, I used the med sized backstrap. Although, I have small to med sized hands, the CTC grips (now) feel great and I'm very accurate hittin' paper targets (out to 18 yds) with them.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

If M&P came out with a 45c, similar in size to the 9&40 - I'd be all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    If M&P came out with a 45c, similar in size to the 9&40 - I'd be all over it!
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
    Overall Height: 4.8"
    Overall Length: 7.55" / 19.2 cm
    Width: 1.2"

Product: Smith & Wesson M&P Compact .40 S&W
    Overall Height: 4.3"
    Overall Length: 6.7"
    Width: 1.2"

eb
    This one would be easy for me: the M&P. The gen 4 Glocks have not proved to be something I would buy personally. My local gun shop always has a case full of Gen 3's lately anyway...

I bought the MP 40c after a lot of research (including shooting of course) on Glock, Springfield, Walther...and a few others. Lot of reasons I chose Smith including one I haven't seen mentioned yet: Made In America.
    MotorCityGun likes this.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

The M&P is what rests at my 4 oclock all day. Reason: fits my hand, I shoot it better without the pinky extender (why carry a compact if you add an extra inch?), and it was priced better than the Glocks. Oh, and I HATE Glock triggers. Nothing against Glock, just not my cup o tea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links