Ever heard of Llama firearms ????

This is a discussion on Ever heard of Llama firearms ???? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pistology Llama Mini-Max : Manufactured from 1995–2005. Self-loading pistol, locked breech, miniature version of Colt 1911-A1 in 9mm Parabellum and 38 Super ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ever heard of Llama firearms ????

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Llama Mini-Max: Manufactured from 1995–2005. Self-loading pistol, locked breech, miniature version of Colt 1911-A1 in 9mm Parabellum and 38 Super (8-round capacity), .40 S&W (7-round capacity) and .45 ACP (6-round capacity) with a 3.7 inch barrel. Extended safety lever, rounded hammer, Swartz safety, 3-dot sight, checkered neoprene grips and contoured trigger-guard. Standard 1911-type magazines could be used in the .45 ACP model to give 7 or 8-round capacity. Finishes include matte blue, satin chrome, two-tone and stainless steel.

Hey, OP, here's a link: Click This;)

You have a 3.7" barrel that's legal for hunting?

Maybe you have a different model?

Sounds like a good one, whatever it is.

Forgot to answer your question about the legal barrel length.

A few years back im guessing around 2002 or so Alabama's handgun hunting policy was any handgun (Semi auto) shooting center fire mushrooming ammo was legal to hunt with. The law for revolvers was a minimum of a 5 inch barrel and had to be center fire and such. They later changed these laws and i can't remember exactly what they changed to. I haven't hunted in a few years but i plan to this year so i picked up a regulations guide and it is still not very clear on handguns, revolvers are still with a 5 inch limit though i think and it seems (unless im reading wrong) they have now allowed the use of a scope on revolvers.

If i have read all this wrong and someone knows feel free to correct me. The way they walk around laws down here sometimes its very hard to tell what is or isn't legal lol.

Most of the time i just locate a forestry officer and ask him/her directly on things that are unclear.
    Firearms - A passion you can really enjoy, and if ya keep your head up outta your butt you can enjoy it for many years to come - Will (Red Jacket Firearms)

2. Remove Ads

I had a Llama Commander in 9mm Luger. It was my first automatic. I bought it because I thought the 2 tone Stainless/Blue finish was cool, and also because it was the only auto available (new) for my $250 budget.

It wouldn't run outta the box. Being me, I was too stubborn to take it back. I just took the thing all apart and figured out the problems, and worked it over. After many hours of filing and polishing I got it to run. And while I could never get it to feed hollow points very well, with FMJ carbine ammo, it was very reliable. It was quite accurate, and I carried and used it for protection. I sold it a couple years ago, just because I thought I should thin out the herd. That darned thing taught me alot about how to smith a 1911 though.

It is nothing like your gun, in that it is a different design, but they made decent cheapo guns. They went TU though, no relation to Bersa.

Like i said mine is a very good gun to me. I bought it from my ex best friend cause of safety issues with his kids. I bought the gun for 50 bucks and brought it home. He had lost the paperwork and books that came with it so all i got was a gun wrapped up in an old t-shirt. It must have worked right out of the box though cause he was very uneducated about firearms in general.

When i got it i hadn't heard of the Llama brand at all and didn't know what i was getting exactly. I had never shot a .40 so that peaked my interest and i figured if i didn't like it i could at least sell it for what i had in it. I mean after all guns dont require food our housing bills so it could be left sitting till it sold lol. But after i ran a few clips through it i kinda fell in love with it. It's been a great gun and after reading all these posts i now feel lucky that i got a good one.

I am going to keep the little Llama just cause its fun, but i think i am going to start the search for a better carry gun. I have been out of the loop so long though i don't know where to start. Back in the day when i was buying guns the most popular were Smith & Wesson Beretta and Taurus. At least that's the way it was around here and that is about all the gun shop here in town carried. I have been in there recently when i bought a few new long guns and he had some new brands in there but it gave me the idea they were just cheap made guns. I love Smith & Wesson but i would like to try something new and see how i like some of the other brands.

The Llama will always have a home with me though !!!!
    Firearms - A passion you can really enjoy, and if ya keep your head up outta your butt you can enjoy it for many years to come - Will (Red Jacket Firearms)

I owned , and carried a Llama pistol while working undercover narcotics. It was a little .22 version of a 1911. I'd had a really bad experience with a sterling pistol, that could have cost another cops life. So as a matter of paranoid habit I shot that little Llama about three times a week. I never ever had a problem with it. Ever. My Llama (pronounced "YAMA") never let me down.

back in the 70's i played around with a 9mm model. a friend had it. it was a good shooter and never gave us any problems. but it was 9mm and in those day the 9mm was not for me. i was a 45acp and 357 mag guy. picked up many old lugers and p-38, but never kept them. sold and/or traded them off. just did not need a 9mm. now times have change, i have many 9mm guns.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Cool

In the late 60's I had a Llama .380.

Don't remember to much about it except I didn't keep it long.

Traded it in on a PPK/S and never looked back.

http://www.digitaleyesite.com/guns/380.htm

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I don't think i will ever sell or trade mine unless it comes down to sell the gun or don't eat. For a trade it would have to be insanely in my favor and i don't see that happening just for a Llama lol.

I own a 9mm but rarely shoot it. At this point i don't think i even have any ammo for it. I got it on a trade deal and its made by Star i believe. The few times i have shot it, i have had big problems with it passing through the target (paper with a cardboard backing) and then bouncing off stuff behind it. I have pushed up dirt with the tractor to stop the bullets but the 9mm seems to hit it at an angle or something and go who knows where. It makes that cool zipping noise only a bullet can make.

I shot the 9mm at an old junk car i was hauling in for scrap metal and took direct aim at the windshield. When i fired the bullet hit where i was aiming but all it did was put a chip and some cracks in it and bounce off.

I may not be giving the 9mm the credit it deserves, I know it has saved many police officers lives and stopped no telling how many robberies and general threats to the public. For a while they were the "go to gun". They are very accurate guns and i have no problems with pistol function or miss fires or anything. I just can't get them to do the damage i would like them to do. That is why my caliber of choice is the .40 cal / .45acp / .357 / .44 magnum. I would also love to get my hands on a new Smith & Wesson .500

Try a 357 Sig. Lots of fun, and flat shooting out to 50-60 yds. too.

Absolutely !!!!

Never shot one but I've seen pics and such on the net and they do look fun !

I have had 4 Llama's the 1st. one was a true 1911, from the 1950's it was marked as a 1911. bought it used. and it was really used, before i got it. I know for a fact I put 5000 rds. though it. I sold it for what I paid for it. Now I wish I had it back, the parts were interchangable. Also had a .357 revolver, sold it in the 80's for milk and diapers.
    But I still have 2 Llama IX-C's in .45, in the box with the Papers. these 2 I will never part with.
    Infact I just ordered the magnetic rail for a laser, if it works like they claim, I'll get a magnetic rail for the other also. And yes with mine, i would bet my life on them.
    david

I had a Llama Commanche .357 in the early 90's. Every 6-12 shots I had to remove a couple of screws and bend an internal bar back into shape. Luckily some dope offered me what I paid for it w/o asking me about it and I took him up on his offer. Maybe they've changed, but I'm not gonna go there. Same guy got pinched for carry w/o a permit not 1 wk later. A little more background: this is when a CoP threatened to put me under the jail for selling a handgun to a 19 yr old. Before the flames begin, in the state I lived it was only against the law for an FFL to sell a hg to someone under 21; private sale was perfectly legal 18 and over.

Well no one has to worry over Llama, they are long gone. I was just fortunantly one of those that got the good one's, a bad rep. can cost a company thier life, so to speak.
    david

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links