Comparison Bersa Firestorm 380 VS. Walther PK380

This is a discussion on Comparison Bersa Firestorm 380 VS. Walther PK380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys I'm am new to this site and recently purchased my first handgun the Walther PK380. Top notch ergo on this gun, aswell as ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By C hawk Glock

Thread: Comparison Bersa Firestorm 380 VS. Walther PK380

Comparison Bersa Firestorm 380 VS. Walther PK380

Hey guys I'm am new to this site and recently purchased my first handgun the Walther PK380.

Top notch ergo on this gun, aswell as next to nothing recoil is a huge positive for a carry pistol. Take down was a breeze, had to use the special tool but once you turn it 135 ccw, the slide pushes right forward. My woman also got a Bersa Firestorm .380. Ergo is a tad less comfortable compared to the PK380 but still good, and accuracy on this gun is surprisingly better then my PK380... maybe because of the weight difference the bersa is a lot heavier thus a very solid shooter. My hand started to feel it after maybe 20 rounds out of the Bersa. 50 rounds out the Walther and couldve put 500 more. I mean I literally could've shot it all day and then slept with it under my pillow its that damn comfy to shoot. No complaints on either gun and couldn't be more happy with our 2 choices! okay now PICS!

2. Remove Ads

I've owned several Bersa .380's over the last twenty years, and they are incredibly accurate little guns. The felt recoil on the Bersa is more than the Walther because the Bersa is a copy of the Walther PPK which is a straight blow-back design. Outstanding accuracy is due to the fixed barrel. Currently have the Bersa Thunder .380 Plus which is a 15+1 double stack version of the standard Bersa Thunder .380. If you are gonna shoot little bullets, make sure you have a lot of little bullets.

The Walther PK380 looks like a nice little gun, but is a bit large for a .380 for my tastes. I have 9mm's that are smaller. JMO, and not taking away or dissing your new gun whatsoever. Enjoy.....my Walther P22 is too much fun.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I like the Bersa 380aco also.

All the fixed barrel direct blow back guns are very accurate.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Yupp

here some more guns

My current HD arsenal

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 380philly View Post
    Yupp

here some more guns

My current HD arsenal
    Do you use the PS3 to protect against other gamers?
    IAm_Not_Lost likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

My P22 is about as much fun one can have while fully clothed! Shot both the Bersa and the PK380 and the Walther is more fun with very little recoil. Shot it at my CC class and just might have to get one sooner rather than later. Have had three Bersa 380's and should have kept the 15 rd. Plus ,but thought it was a little too big for my purposes. Great little gun, nevertheless.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    My P22 is about as much fun one can have while fully clothed! Shot both the Bersa and the PK380 and the Walther is more fun with very little recoil. Shot it at my CC class and just might have to get one sooner rather than later. Have had three Bersa 380's and should have kept the 15 rd. Plus ,but thought it was a little too big for my purposes. Great little gun, nevertheless.

Yeah man go get the Walther PK380 you wont regret my friend

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Do you use the PS3 to protect against other gamers?
    Of course! COD, Battlefield 3, MOH, you name it man

My wife is considering selling her PK380 and getting the Bersa. One of the problems we're having is finding any gun-specific holsters. Every time I order something, such as a Paddle holster off of eBay or Amazon, it always arrives and is made for a Glock or some such, but the seller advertised it as for the PK380. Sure the gun "fits" more or less, but it is not a perfect fit. I find that really irritating. However, I'm not sure the Bersa would be any better in this regard.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I use universal style holsters they work just fine for what you need them to do.

Links