GLOCK 26 or RUGER LC9???

GLOCK 26 or RUGER LC9???

This is a discussion on GLOCK 26 or RUGER LC9??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know, I know--- there is nothing like a dame: I mean... a Glock! But here's my dilemma: I'm trading in my Tomcat .32acp and ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: GLOCK 26 or RUGER LC9???

GLOCK 26 or RUGER LC9???

I know, I know--- there is nothing like a dame: I mean... a Glock! But here's my dilemma: I'm trading in my Tomcat .32acp and might want to pocket carry (?) or certainly easily conceal it. The Ruger, with my trade, will only be about $50+ extra mags., etc. The Glock, on the other hand, will be about $140 more plus whatever else I need. A Glock is a Glock is a Glock, .... .But my other 9mm is a S&W M&PC and I really like it... and I added the Trijicon sights & have 4 mags.with it. So, do I really need a Glock and won't the Ruger be just dandy for an "extra" 9mm? I need input FAST! Thanks all.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I would go with the Ruger LC9 or even better the SR9c, much better trigger, I have had three Glock and now I don't own any, I am going to buy a SR9c soon I was hoping for a SR45c to come out.

The Glock is obviously wider due to it's double stack capacity but you can't beat their reliability. I'd go with the G26!

~John
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    I know, I know--- there is nothing like a dame: I mean... a Glock! But here's my dilemma: I'm trading in my Tomcat .32acp and might want to pocket carry (?) or certainly easily conceal it. The Ruger, with my trade, will only be about $50+ extra mags., etc. The Glock, on the other hand, will be about $140 more plus whatever else I need. A Glock is a Glock is a Glock, .... .But my other 9mm is a S&W M&PC and I really like it... and I added the Trijicon sights & have 4 mags.with it. So, do I really need a Glock and won't the Ruger be just dandy for an "extra" 9mm? I need input FAST! Thanks all.
    I've seen the LC9. I don't know what type of pockets people have on their pants, but the ones I wear would not fit a LC9 comfortably. You already have a similar pistol in the M&Pc so I don't know if a G26 is a good option. If I was in fact to choose between the two I would get the Glock 26 hands down. There is not much if anything is going to beat a Glock 26, you can even switch out mags to a Glock 17 and have 17 + 1. Lets see a LC9 do that.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Between the two, I would go G26. But, I wouldn't pocket carry either of 'em. YMMV

I'm not a fan of the long DAO pull of pistols similar to the LC9.

And the G26 can be used with 19 or 17 magazines, making it more versatile IMO.

Philly Boy likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

while I agree the G26 is a better gun than the LC9, sounds like you already have the M&P 9C which is a great double stack subcompact type carry gun. Go with the LC9 to diversify your pistol types and possible pocket carry if you decide you want to go that route. If you want a high cap 9mm just add an X-Grip and a 17 round full size M&P mag.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Here is my take:
    LC9
    Pocket carry? No way to large.
    Trigger SUCKS
    Has stupid mag disconnect
    Dont need the safety
    Dont need the stupid loaded chamber indicator
    Dont need the stupid warning label

Glock 26
    Pocket carry? No way. To large
    Glock reliability
    Easy to conceal IWB or out.
    Excellent trigger
    Higher mag capacity
    Versatility- Use all Glock mags

Of the two I would take the Glock hands down. I couldnt pocket carry the LC9. So If I wanted a pocket gun I would probaly carry the M&P and look for a .380 as a back-up in the pocket. Is the M&P compact not pretty close in size to the G26?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I agree with the other posters. The LC9 is going to be a tough pocket carry unless you have some very large pockets.

If you select your pants/pockets specifically for pocket carry the LC9 rides easily in a pocket.

Go for the LC9! I love mine and it has been very reliable.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    The G26 by far.

They are different types of pistols.

I've Got a Glock 26, an M&P .40 FS and an LC9. In my opinion since you already have the M&P 9c I would say get the LC9. Unless of course you absolutely have to have a Glock...which I can certainly understand. ;)

FWIW, my Glock 26 is my favorite gun. My M&P is my best shooter and the LC9 is my EDC because it is reliable, light weight and accurate enough for what I need it for. I carry it in a Remora IWB and a PJ Holsters kydex IWB. I also carry my G26 from time to time and I tote that one in a custom leather IWB from Little Bear Holsters.

YMMV? And exactly what does this mean? I am kinda new at these abbreviations. All responses are great. With my M&PC 9mm I already have two 17 cap. mags, so I have some fire power for sure. As I stated above, do I really need a Glock 26 with my S&W? I am not hell bent on having a Glock; just want something good to replace my Beretta .32 acp. I will probably go with the LC9, but I guess I'll finally make-up my mind when I arrive at the LGS. THANKS ALL!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Neither, get a Kahr CM9 or PM9 if you can swing a little extra, Buds has them for a great price right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    YMMV? And exactly what does this mean? I am kinda new at these abbreviations. All responses are great. With my M&PC 9mm I already have two 17 cap. mags, so I have some fire power for sure. As I stated above, do I really need a Glock 26 with my S&W? I am not hell bent on having a Glock; just want something good to replace my Beretta .32 acp. I will probably go with the LC9, but I guess I'll finally make-up my mind when I arrive at the LGS. THANKS ALL!
    YMMV- Your mileage may vary. Or Your results may vary.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

wormy: Thanks for enlightening me!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links