S&W Governor Shoots .410, 45ACP, 45Colt Mixed!

This is a discussion on S&W Governor Shoots .410, 45ACP, 45Colt Mixed! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry, the Judge I shot was just poorly made, it was heavy, the trigger was beyond terrible, and out of that short barrel, .410 was ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: S&W Governor Shoots .410, 45ACP, 45Colt Mixed!

Sorry, the Judge I shot was just poorly made, it was heavy, the trigger was beyond terrible, and out of that short barrel, .410 was more anemic than usual.

Maybe the S&W quality is better, but it's performance didn't do it for me either.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    when kel-tec releases the "janitor" i will be pre ordering one.

I just picked up a Governor last week and thought I'd pop in to see what was being said about it here... pretty much what I figured, lol.
    It's a niche gun. I don't expect great things from it, though it is far more accurate than what one owner of a gunshop (I did not buy it at) told me it would be. It just tends to shoot high, especially with .45 acp, but four pellets of 000 and it's right on on the money. I love it. It's a nice piece to carry on the tractor or throw in the glove box or ATV. Plus it's just plain fun to shoot. I just received a nifty holster for it from Amazon. The holster holds 6 rounds across the front of it. A loaded Governor, six in the holster and two moon clips with .45 acp and I'm good to go ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Judge...Governor...Senator...Assemblyman...Court Clerk...Janitor...
    Well, since no one else has mentioned it...

Hi-Point is coming out with their version, called "The Congressman". It doesn't work, and you can't fire it.

Regards,
    Jim
    Alex_C, SgtRick and bmcgilvray like this.

For some inexplicable reason the Taurus and S&W version of these weapons makes some guys go nuts over "why" one would buy. The GovErnor seems to be very much liked by its owners, has many tests in ballistics gell that prove good penetration, has numerous videos of both 45 and 410 easily hitting center of mass at 10 yards. Owners with smiles. Sounds like a great firearm to me.

I have the judge and I like it. I would not carry it because of it's size but it is loaded with PDX-1 ammo( the three inch kind, 4 disc over 18 bbs.) and sets at my bedside along side my Springfield 45. I believe it is a great home defense gun.

You know the 410/45C revolver has been out for decades. Taurus was not the first. Thunder Five (SWD) was the first production revolver around 1984. (Pre internet days.) There were several other custom revolver makers who also came out with them but they were pricy.
    All in all they are not that bad as sales figgures project. Thanks to Taurus and S&W there are more defensive round in 45C and 410. Wasn't much before...birdshot for 410's.

Life goes on...

S&W Governor Shoots .410, 45ACP, 45Colt Mixed!

I purchased the Judge PD Poly. One of the reasons I purchased is because I too have a farm and I felt that my chances at nailing a snake are better with it than the 9mm Glock 26 that I have carried for years. I apply this same thought for home defense and personal defense. I am not an avid shooter and therefore feel more confident with the Judge at hitting my target. Still love my Glock and air weight SW .38 special. Now I have another child that I love just as much!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links