Kahr TP40 vs P40

This is a discussion on Kahr TP40 vs P40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does any one have the TP40 or TP9? Or handled one? How do they compare to the P40 as far as concealability. I have a ...

Thread: Kahr TP40 vs P40

Kahr TP40 vs P40

Does any one have the TP40 or TP9? Or handled one? How do they compare to the P40 as far as concealability. I have a PM40 and other than some reliability issue I really love the gun. The issues are being resolved and I have heard the "P" series has a much better track record.

I'm thinking about getting a P40 as my next purchase. It will fill the role when I can't carry my Sig 220 buy I can get away with a larger gun than the PM40.

2. Remove Ads

75 I have a T-9 and compard to the P-series its taller and longer in barrel lenght, Khar considers it their full size version

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I want to play with a tp , i have the p and pm . I am happy with both , but the longer sight radious looks interesting . the other thing i may do is build a carry comp for the p and see what that does lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout
    Does any one have the TP40 or TP9? Or handled one? How do they compare to the P40 as far as concealability. I have a PM40 and other than some reliability issue I really love the gun. The issues are being resolved and I have heard the "P" series has a much better track record.

I'm thinking about getting a P40 as my next purchase. It will fill the role when I can't carry my Sig 220 buy I can get away with a larger gun than the PM40.
    I have a TP9 and just love it. I carry it when I don't want to wear a jacket or my vest. It hides nicely under a untuck sport shirt or short sleeve.

The frame is basically a P series with a T series barrel and slide. The extra 1/2 inch in lenght I found reduce muzzle flip giving the pistol more control during rapid firing. I can only imagine that the same would be true with the TP40. I personal would highly recommand it.

Thanks. Thats what I wanted to hear. I'm sure even though its their full size I'd bet it is still much smaller than a Glock 17, Sig 226, HK USP. It seems that with the same barrel length the Kahrs are still shorter than other pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout
    Thanks. Thats what I wanted to hear. I'm sure even though its their full size I'd bet it is still much smaller than a Glock 17, Sig 226, HK USP. It seems that with the same barrel length the Kahrs are still shorter than other pistols.
    The grip is what make the difference on whether the piece is easily concealable or not. You'll not even notice the extra 1/2" inch of slide if you get a good holster(I generally just slip mine in my waistband). And yes it is smaller, it's about the same size as a Walther PP.

I had a Kahr K9 and a Walther PPK/s, that's I laid next to each other for comparision. What I found is their dimensions were almost identical. The only disadvantage if you want to think of it that way, is that the Kahr is a single stack while those that you mention are all double stacks.

It's a disatvantage for capacity, sure. But, the amount of concealibity that is added is worth it. It always give and take for a concealed carry gun.

TO me the all steel T-9 reminds me of eith er the older S&W model 39 or the P-35 as far as carry goes,, not blocky and dosen't seem to catch on any thing..

Now if Khar ever decides to bring out the 45acp in the T series and all steel I'lll buy that next

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    It's a disatvantage for capacity, sure. But, the amount of concealibity that is added is worth it. It always give and take for a concealed carry gun.
    When you concider that the average number of shots fired in a gunfight is "3". High capacity in conceal carry piece appears to be second to concealibility, at least in my book.

Same hear. I'm more comfortable with the 5+1 of my PM40. It's the same as a J-Frame snubbie except I have a better round and more accuracy.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I did a review of a TP-9 not to long ago. (http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=12591) I bought it as my off duty carry gun and I like it. The only mods I found was that the grip was a little slick with +Ps but I fixed that with a piece of bicycle innertube and also will be changing the front sight to a big dot by XS Sights.

I did have some trouble finding a holster for it, but any belt slide that fits any other Kahr or 1911 will fit it. I just was notified by High Noon Holsters that they have instock holsters for the T-9/40.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...duct_line.html

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Links