sccy firearms ?

This is a discussion on sccy firearms ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Friend of mine traded a i phone for a SCCY 9 MM. What do yall know about them. Never heard of them myself...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mwhartman
  • 1 Post By Superhouse 15

Thread: sccy firearms ?

sccy firearms ?

Friend of mine traded a i phone for a SCCY 9 MM. What do yall know about them. Never heard of them myself

2. Remove Ads

Got a freind that bought one for four-wheeling about three years ago when they first came out,the guys actually worked for Kel-tec,hence the look-alike,but he's never had any trouble with it and it rides in his utility bag with all the dirt, water and gunk,he's got about 1k rounds thru it so far.And they are called sccy,pronounced" sky".

couple of Keltec employees left and started their own company down the road from Cocoa Beach, Florida. If you compare to a Keltec P11, you will see that they are almost identical. SCCY appears
    to be more refined. A few years back the SCCY's were garbage, but I think they have the bugs out now. My local GS here in Orlando pulled them from their shelves because they got tired of
    sending them back for repairs and still does not sell them. Again, time seems to heal all wounds....and also gives gun companys a chance to work the bugs out of the early models.

SCCY Industries
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

WOW guns for phones. Hope Holder does not read this thread
    zonker1986 and franco45 like this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

A gunsmith I used to work with works for them now. He says they have improved their quality quite a bit and have new people running the place. The old and shady management practices are long gone according to him. They are based in Port Orange about 10 miles from me. I wouldn't turn one down.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I wanted one. Back a couple years ago. I re-searched and found that a whole lot of them were junk. Hope their better now than they used to be.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    They look very nice! much better than Kel-tec. I am going to read more about them. I would try give the local guys some business if the gun is reliable with all kinds of ammo, and the customer service is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    They look very nice! much better than Kel-tec. I am going to read more about them. I would try give the local guys some business if the gun is reliable with all kinds of ammo, and the customer service is very good.
    I haven't paid much attention to SCCY for a couple of years, but I have to agree with you here 100%. The Gen 2's really do look good, and may be worth a look. Love my PF-9....not so much my P11.

Pretty cool to have two good pistol companies within driving distance.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Do a search for "Sccy" and "Skyy" and read carefully. I am not a fan, some are, so make up your own mind.

I saw one this weekend at a gun show and it was the new Gen 2 version. It is very similar to the Keltec P11 but actually feels much better in the hand and the build quality just from holding it seems to be much better. I might have to pick one up !!! God Bless

Links