S&W M&P vs Glock

S&W M&P vs Glock

This is a discussion on S&W M&P vs Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; would like to hear some of your opinions on how these two guns stack up against each other? specificlly the S&W M&P 9c vs G26/G19..anyone ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: S&W M&P vs Glock

S&W M&P vs Glock

would like to hear some of your opinions on how these two guns stack up against each other? specificlly the S&W M&P 9c vs G26/G19..anyone own both? interested in reliability,trigger,duribility,ergonomics..etc

Ahhh...GLOCK!!!

Edit:Okay, I really don't (glock) know that much (glock) about M&P (glock), so I really shouldn't (glock) make a uneducated (glock) comparison (glock) between the two (glock) pistols. Just my (glock) opinion.
    zonker1986 and chefjon like this.

only real difference between the two is ergonomics and accessory availabilty. Glock is much easier to find mags and have night sights installed....M&P feels better in the hand. Accuracy, reliability and durability???
    Tossup. Both are more accurate than they should be for their size, and reliability has been 100% out of both.
    If I did not already own other 9mm Glocks, I'd go with the M&P.

G26 has installed Trijicons and is my carry gun today, and I almost always have one or more Glocks on or about me. Don't carry the M&P all that much mostly because my college age daughter has staked a claim on it as soon as she gets her Georgia CCW. I don't want to get too comfortable with it since it will be leaving my safe soon.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Funny...I was facing the same choice/question about a year ago. I was impressed with the Glock reputation for it's "to hell and back" reliability (gen 4 excluded). I was more impressed with the ergonomics of the M&P. For some reason when I point a Glock its always high and I have to correct (I guess the angle of the grip to frame??) I liked the feel and "pointability" of the M&P.
    I was not happy with the trigger on either. I found the Glock for $525.00 and the M&P for $469.00.
    I went back and forth for nearly a month before deciding on the M&P. Basically because it was American made. I did however send it off for a trigger job.
    All said and done, it cost me about the same money as the Glock, but I've got a superb trigger now.
    Absolutely no regrets. Just my $.02 cent opinion.

M&P.jpg
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I carry a GLOCK 19 daily and shoot it whenever possible (at the range and in competition). I also have a GLOCK 26 that my wife claims is hers. I love these guns. I don't know much about the M&P's. I've shot the compact .45 acp version and it was okay, my socks stayed on. I think the M&P's are great pistols, but GLOCK has been raising the bar for 25 years without much improvement to the original design. The GLOCK 19 is the ultimate combat pistol, large enough to grip, small enough to conceal, high capacity, accurate, good trigger, no frills, super duper reliability, black, accepts larger capacity magazines (33 rounds, orgasmic), easy to clean (if you feel you must). Everyone is trying to make their version of the GLOCK but nothing beats the original.

No I don't work for GLOCK.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Try 'em both at a range that rents. Whatever feels best and you shoot best...thats the one you need. I'm a glock fan...they fit me and I shoot them well (EDC is a G36), but I know folks who love the M&P's too. Whatever works best for you is the right answer.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

Both are awesome.

Here's some ATF testing to help you make a choice: U.S. GAO - B-402339.3, Sig Sauer, Inc., July 23, 2010
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Both are awesome.

Here's some ATF testing to help you make a choice: U.S. GAO - B-402339.3, Sig Sauer, Inc., July 23, 2010
    good info on here,thanks for posting...

I considered both and settled on the Glock Gen 4. I've not had any issues. I did get one with metal night sights. Both are fine firearms so you will not make a bad decision, IMO.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

VIP Member
    It's the same as the difference between:

Ford and Chevy

PC or Mac

Red Delicious, Macintosh or Granny Smith

BK or McD's

YOU NEED TO PICK the one YOU like best. The are both equal in terms of how "good" they are.
    ExactlyMyPoint likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

As soon as I held both I knew instantly the ergonomics of the Glock fit me much better than the S&W. 100% personal preference but it made a night and day difference for me. I also prefer the trigger pull of a Glock, yup go ahead and flame me happens every time I mention that fact.

Glock Certified Armorer

slide grip =S&W
    aftermarket parts =glock
    grip =S&W
    factory sights =S&W
    finish =glock "smith caved to the marketing department over the engineering"

I can't comment on the M&P 9c, but I do have a G26 and an M&P 9.

The M&P was the pistol on which I learned to shoot. I love it. Great feel in the hand, light recoil, very accurate. I got the G26 for carry. The recoil on the Glock is a little stiffer, as it is a subcompact, but I'm nearly as accurate with it, and I carry it constantly.

I'd have to say that I like the trigger on the Glock, and I like how quickly I can field strip it. If I got another sub, I might go with the M&P 9c just because I don't need two G26s. So if the M&P 9c is anything like the full size version, it's a great gun.

I do like the Glock finish (on the 3rd gen) better. But honestly, you should go to the store and hold both of them, see which grip feels more comfortable to you. Shoot both too, if you have the opportunity. They are both great choices.

You probably don't want to hear this but I actually wound up buying both. The M&P compact felt better in my hand but still liked the G19. Shoot them both well and both are reliable.
    You really need to handle and shoot both of them. That would be the only way to know for sure what is best for you.

I just bought a M&P 9c and its currently at the gunsmith having Trijicon night-sites installed and a trigger job done. I'm very excited and can wait to put round after round throuh it!
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links