My Glock 36 at the Range (First 45 ACP Shots)

This is a discussion on My Glock 36 at the Range (First 45 ACP Shots) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 36 Review at the Range - YouTube Went to the range today and broke in my new Glock 36 with 50 Federal 230 grains ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glock 36 Review at the Range - YouTube

Went to the range today and broke in my new Glock 36 with 50 Federal 230 grains and a some Federal HydraShok & Hornady hollows...

Really feeling my Don Hume IWB Strike Dual Mag Holder and the Kholster I bought to match.

I quit smoking cigarettes by the way 4 days ago!
    Attached Images
    "Thou shall not kill unless you feared for your life and was forced to."

Good target, Raymn_V
    I've had a Glock 36 for over a year, and It's a fine carry gun. Shoot the heck out of it and you'll get used to the recoil. It is an accurate gun. Remember, if you carry with one in the chamber, don't pull it out of the holster with your finger in the trigger guard. The Glock is a striker fired gun that is 90% cocked all the time. You pull that trigger and it's going off. My friend saw some of the groups I shot at 25yrds and he went out and bought a Glock 36. I'm happy with the gun. Thats a fine holster you're using. Good luck in your effort to stop smoking. Stick with it, I know it's not easy, as I smoked for 20 years. Haven't smoked in 30 years. I quit after seeing most of my aunts and uncles die of lung diseases. Not a pretty sight. It's hard in the beginning, but each day will get easier. Be strong, and keep busy. Look at it another way, about 3 months or less of not smoking will pay for another Glock. Now....., that a darn good incentive.
    Last edited by MyRite2Carry; October 14th, 2011 at 08:37 PM.

VIP Member
    I know Glocks are reliable, however I wouldn't carry any gun I had not ran at least 200 rounds through first. Doesn't matter if it's a $300. Bersa or my $1500. Dan Wesson. Once in a while one will slip past QC, after all, they are human.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Cool

Good on the range time.

As a throat cancer survivor I can tell you to definately stick with the no smoking decision.

OS

photo.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

My Glock 36 is great and easy to carry!!!!

The more i practice with it the better I like it.

May your G36 be a blessing to you.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Good on the range time.

As a throat cancer survivor I can tell you to definately stick with the no smoking decision.

OS

photo.jpg
    Wow! Who coated your slide or did it come that way???

I just acquired my G36 today, and I quit smoking about 7 months ago. I don't even think about it anymore. It took me a few tries over the years to finally get it kicked, but now I just can't even imagine doing it anymore. Just keep reminding yourself of all of the reasons you want to quit. You have to want to quit for your own reasons, not anyone else's. I got to the point that everytime I had one I just felt like a slave to it. I didn't want to do it anymore. I just decided I wasn't going to do it anymore. Best thing I ever did...and I spend that money on guns and ammo. At least I have something to useful and productive to show for it. Everytime I open the safe or carry one of my guns I think about all of that money that would have otherwise literally gone up in smoke. Hang in there, and if you need any help you can always PM me and I'll help you any way I can. If I can quit, anyone can.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

i have never had any problems with my g36. it just keeps on shooting.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I only coat the slide with a drop of hoppes oil
    "Thou shall not kill unless you feared for your life and was forced to."

LOVE my G36...and LOVE being a non-smoker even more. Hardest thing I ever gave up, but what a quality-of-life improvement. Hang in there OP...you'll be smoke free and craving free in no time. Kudos to you.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymn_V View Post
    I quit smoking cigarettes by the way 4 days ago!
    Well, congrats on both accounts.....It looks like you made the decision at a rather young age, so just stick to it and you'll reap the benefits from the fresh air.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

RKM
    ?????? You had to break in your Glock???

I have a G30. Carry it a lot. Friend of mine has a G36. With it's thin slide it is quite an easy gun to carry. Slimmer than even the G26/19/17's! I wish they could somehow utilize the G30 grip and double stack goodness with the thin slide of the G36. Of course the slide may not be as thin as the G36, but maybe get it close to the 9's and 40's. Though, after carrying my G30 IWB for almost 2 years, I'm used to it. I wouldn't hesitate the carry the G36, however, the 10+1 of the G30 is worth that extra thickness. The only hard part with the G30 is carrying it's brick of a spare mag. Ugh.

Just think of ALL that ammo you can buy with that CIG $$$$.

Congratulation on Both
    02PSD4ME

I really love my G-36, and soon you will be appreciating your Glock-36...what a gun!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

OP keep going to the range!

@Bidgude -- congrats on stopping the smoking and the new 36 You won't regret either decision!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links