Took the LC9 to the range today, 2nd trip

This is a discussion on Took the LC9 to the range today, 2nd trip within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 75 rounds the first time out , WWB. It shot way to the right. I moved the rear sight Shot 75 rounds, WWB and 14 ...

Thread: Took the LC9 to the range today, 2nd trip

Took the LC9 to the range today, 2nd trip

75 rounds the first time out , WWB. It shot way to the right. I moved the rear sight Shot 75 rounds, WWB and 14 Hornady Critical Defense today. still a little to the right but much better. Some of this might be me needing more practice with the long trigger. So far I'm very pleased with the way it has performed, fired every round witout any problems.

2. Remove Ads

My first trip to the range with my new LC9: shot 100 rounds with NO problems. Yes, the trigger takes some getting used to, but I am very pleased with this new Ruger. Can't understand why so many condemn it because of the safeties; they don't bother me one little bit. This is, IMO, a real winner and Ruger will sell a ton of them!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I have yet to get much range time in with mine, but I love it as well. Are you guys using the mag extension? I havent shot without it yet. What ammo do your LC9's prefer/do u have any they dont like?

BigJon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    My first trip to the range with my new LC9: shot 100 rounds with NO problems. Yes, the trigger takes some getting used to, but I am very pleased with this new Ruger. Can't understand why so many condemn it because of the safeties; they don't bother me one little bit. This is, IMO, a real winner and Ruger will sell a ton of them!
    If it's good for you that is all that matters.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Have only run 75 rounds or so but mixed the ammo and the mag without one problem. I shoot a Bodyguard 380 so the long trigger is not a big surprise to me. Not the best shot but I am able to keep all shots on a paper plate at 20 ft. in 10 seconds. For me, that is good. Hope to get some serious range time soon as this gun's size and shape fills in a real hole in my group of guns.
    Be safe, Frank.

I have 2 mags with the extension and 1 without. The extension does add a little more control but I don't think is needed.

I use the mag extension for a little extra grip. Ammo has been Winchester box of 100 from Bass Pro Shops; Remington UMC box of 50 and Hornady FTX for defense. No problem with anything I have used.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I was at the range today and there was an older woman firing her new LC9. She kept having FTF's on the first round but it looked like she was "riding" the slide forward instead of letting it fly forward. She really needed some better instruction that what she was getting from the young guy she was with.

What range do you go to?

I purchase the Ruger LC9 about a month ago, and since that time I've fired 300 rounds without a single problem. My accuracy at this point is not the best, however. The long trigger pull takes some getting used to, and I'm not there yet. Although the recoil isn't that bad, I tend to flinch now and then, and with this gun bad habits can really send the bullet off-target. But all in all I love this gun, and I personally like the long trigger pull as a safety feature (along with the loaded signal and the strong safety).

Quote Originally Posted by nobody_iam View Post
    What range do you go to?
    I just go to a friends for now. He lives outside of town. . I plan on becoming a member of Black Creek Conservation Club. I have not found any other ranges yet.

Black Creek Conservation Club

800+- rounds through min without issue.It's really accurate IF you can use the long trigger.I can but not consistantly.I did remove the mag safety and it helps moderately with the trigger pull.I wouldn't sale mine for nothing as it fits the bill.

Links