New Gun - Kahr CM9

New Gun - Kahr CM9

This is a discussion on New Gun - Kahr CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up a Kahr CM9 yesterday for $385 to potentially use as a hot weather carry gun. I wanted a 9mm, single stack (thin), lightweight, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Gun - Kahr CM9

Picked up a Kahr CM9 yesterday for $385 to potentially use as a hot weather carry gun. I wanted a 9mm, single stack (thin), lightweight, with a trigger that didn't suck. Took it to the range today, and I have come away quite impressed.

I shot 150 rounds, which normally isn't a lot for me, but in this little gun, that was plenty. I found that the front checkering on the grip starts to dig a little after 50 rounds or so. I shot several different kinds of ammo: Winchester, Remington, Federal and RWS, and had zero malfunctions of any kind. Accuracy was more than acceptable for its intended use.

The only problem I had was that the floor plate on the magazine started to work its way forward after 75 rounds or so. I'll disassemble the mag and see if I can figure out why that is, but worst case is I'll toss the mag and replace it.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is looking for a small single stack 9mm with a good trigger.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yeah, 150 rounds can wear on the hand a bit. The mag floorplate sounds like a minor issue that probably need a tweeking with the catch or whatever holds it in place. As long as the gun fucntions, all else is solvable. Enjoy!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Pocket guns aren't made to shoot a ton of rounds though. My CM9 has been rock solid through. You may find you carry it more then you think.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Good price for it. Keep us updated with the floorplate situation.

wyo-man

Disassembled and reassembled the mag, didn't find anything wrong with it, so I'll try it again and see what happens.

Anyone have any experience with Talon Grips? Seems like it would make a big difference in the aggressive checkering...

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Question: Is the mag floor plate actually working forward past the little round knob that holds it tight against the grooves? I only ask because like C Hawk I have a CM9 and love it, and I have personally found the mags to be a wee bit stiff in general and when you assemble and disassemble them you have a bit of wiggle room with the floor plate, but it has never caused any issues.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Yes, it worked its way forward past the round knob once during shooting. After breaking the mag down and reassembling, the floor plate seems to fit better, so I'm guessing it was just slightly off the knob. Great little gun, I'm very happy with it so far!

I have had mine for a few months now. it is a great little gun. i also have a CW9 and the 7 round mags work well in the CM9.
    I have a CT laser on the CW9 that will also fit on the CM9.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyCCW View Post
    Disassembled and reassembled the mag, didn't find anything wrong with it, so I'll try it again and see what happens.

Anyone have any experience with Talon Grips? Seems like it would make a big difference in the aggressive checkering...
    I had the sand paper texture talons on my Glocks. They feel great in the hand but over time they started to wear on my shirts. That was even after sanding them down with sand paper. I have since switched to the rubber talons. I like them a lot better. They are on all of my Glocks. They provide a nice purchase on the grips but are not abrasive.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    That's a great price for that gun, congrats on a good buy.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I had the sand paper texture talons on my Glocks. They feel great in the hand but over time they started to wear on my shirts. That was even after sanding them down with sand paper. I have since switched to the rubber talons. I like them a lot better. They are on all of my Glocks. They provide a nice purchase on the grips but are not abrasive.
    thanks man, I'll give the rubber talons a try

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    That's a great price for that gun, congrats on a good buy.
    thanks, love it so far!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyCCW View Post
    thanks man, I'll give the rubber talons a try
    No problem. I'm sure that you'll like them. For $10 and free shipping, ya can't go wrong.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

VIP Member
    I have a bicycle tube that I use for my little Khar, it works great.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

like mine a lot but sent this mag back for n/c replacement by Kahr including shipping

IMG_4637.JPG
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links