Something just followed my wife home today!

This is a discussion on Something just followed my wife home today! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I bought a sig 1911 the other day in a 4" and apparently my wife felt a little left out or something, So she ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Something just followed my wife home today!

Something just followed my wife home today!

So I bought a sig 1911 the other day in a 4" and apparently my wife felt a little left out or something,

So she went and tried a springfield ultra compact 45 with v10 porting, she promply told me that it kicks like her 38 and less to her than the Glock 19 so she bought it. I think maybe I unleashed a monster I will be posting pics as soon as I can
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

2. Remove Ads

Wow - looking forward to pics.

wyo-man

Well, at least it's your turn again!
    culleydog45 and DefConGun like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Well, at least it's your turn again!
    That actually never occured to me thank you Hiram
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

Do what my wife and I do work as a team and cover each other back when out and about.

BTW good news on the new gun!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Don't argue with her.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Nice pair of 1911's. Congrats
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

DSC_0404.jpgDSC_0405.jpg

The Sig is the one I bought and the Springfield is the one she brought home. Both are great guns and we are happy with them

I had a v10 many years ago that I won in a raffle. Nicest thing I have ever won. It was a nice shooter except it kicked the brass right back on top of my head. Sold it for money to buy some other toy I thought I needed more. If I had known I would someday carry I would have kept it. Have fun.

VIP Member
    Nice looking guns. Look at all the money you'll be able to save, only having to buy .45.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Nice looking guns. Look at all the money you'll be able to save, only having to buy .45.
    I sometimes wish this was the case but she says she needs to be proficient with the 38, 9mm and 22 and the 45 now so I am probably going to go broke (oh well can think of worse ways to spend $ right)

Don't mean to wander off topic - this "V-10" porting...I presume it is the cuts in the slide on both sides of the front sight?

How does that equate to muzzle flash/blinding and front sight getting reeeeeallly dirty? I've been pondering that for one of my pistols.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Don't mean to wander off topic - this "V-10" porting...I presume it is the cuts in the slide on both sides of the front sight?

How does that equate to muzzle flash/blinding and front sight getting reeeeeallly dirty? I've been pondering that for one of my pistols.
    So far I can tell you it is great (yes when we shot it quite a bit it did get dirty around the ports but was easily cleaned) the muzzle flash was not bad at all but the best part is the recoil it is wonderful. I have to say I like my sig better just for ergonomics (thinner) and it is really nice looking. But I am jealous of the recoil difference between the two. I guess the consolling part is I still get to shoot both of them. It also seems to like the 230 gr instead of the 185 gr for some reason but it functioned perfect with hollow points as well as round ball.

The Sig also functions perfect with whatever you feed it so far.

I have been considering one of those 4 inch Sigs for awhile, I think you just made the time to getting one that much closer.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    ... It also seems to like the 230 gr instead of the 185 gr for some reason...
    That part I know. You need to have the HOT rounds going through it to fully utilize the comp.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links