H&K USP Compact LEM .40

H&K USP Compact LEM .40

This is a discussion on H&K USP Compact LEM .40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Considering for EDC. Can folks give me some feedback on this model? Thanks....

H&K USP Compact LEM .40

Considering for EDC. Can folks give me some feedback on this model? Thanks.

Am saying the same thing as I did in the thread above:

USP40c LEM here. It's what I bought first when I got my permit. I did a lot of research and this was the most reliable compact gun on the market in .40 that appealed to me. Great pistol, high quality, perfect fit, fun to shoot, never a jamb, trigger is awesome once you're used to it. Trust it 100%...won't ever sell it.

With that, what I did not know at the time was how utterly annoying it is to carry any double stack pistol IWB. OWB, no problem. When I do carry my USP now, it's in a UBG Regulator - mostly cooler weather. What I find that works best is a compact of this size for OWB and a smaller single stack such as a Kahr for IWB and warmer temps or when you need the cover. You may find yourself in the same boat. Anyway, you can't go wrong with the USPc as one of your primaries.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Same here. I have a USP 9 full size with a LEM trigger. It was my first handgun, but way too big and wide to carry except OWB. It has always run without a hiccup, but it is now relegated to house gun duty

100% reliable but a little fat for IWB. I went from the HK Compact to the Glock 23.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

I have the HK P2000sk subcompact for my carry gun. I walk 5.5 miles every night all around town. I thought at first it was too bulky for that kind of walking but after a couple of nights it is just fine. I have a Laserlyte mounted on the rail and purchased an inexpensive Blackhawk holster that fits the laser and the pistol. It fits inside my waistband with my shirt-tails out you cannot tell I am carrying. One thought you might want to look at the .357 Sig instead of the .40; I did and am happy with the decision.

Good choice

I have the DA/SA version of the USP 40c, and it has worked perfectly for many years. It is an excellent gun. I don't carry it, as it tends to be a little thick for concealed carry. I use it for range and home defense.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I own one and like it. OWB no prob.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Links