H&K USP-45 Compact

H&K USP-45 Compact

This is a discussion on H&K USP-45 Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any of you guys carry a H&K USP-45 Compact? I hope to have one by next week to go with my Full Size USP-45. I ...

H&K USP-45 Compact

Any of you guys carry a H&K USP-45 Compact? I hope to have one by next week to go with my Full Size USP-45. I have decided that I wanted to start carrying a 45 for the colder months. I just can't do the Full size USP full time and my 1911's are just too heavy. I really trust H&K's and that is why I chose the Compact 45 for carry. So who out there has one of these awesome handguns?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Yep, I still have mine, though I haven't carried it in over year or more. No plans on selling it off though, great gun. I don't own the full size USP .45. I believe I was carrying it in a CompTac Pro Undercover Kydex IWB holster (I think Comptac discontinued the Pro Undercover holster line-up). Here are a few pics of it from about 3 years ago or so. I believe I changed out the finger rest mag extensions (in the pics) out on all my mags to the flat flush ones (so it concealed better, less printing. The finger rest mag extensions on the USP-45 compact seemed useless to me). I also don't carry FMJ rounds while carrying, I think the mags in the pics were filled with FMJs, due to I was going to the range that day and I like to start out shooting FMJs at first and then follow up with JHPs towards the end of the session.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I have a full size USP-40. Hoping to do some 'horse tradin' this spring. This is one on my list.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

USP40c LEM here. It's what I bought first when I got my permit. I did a lot of research and this was the most reliable compact gun on the market in .40 that appealed to me. Great pistol, high quality, perfect fit, fun to shoot, trigger is awesome once you're used to it. Trust it 100%...won't ever sell it.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Nice... very nice...

Magazine extension

I really enjoy shootin' my USP 45c. I must shoot it better than my glock since I don't have to buy lunch nearly as often after a little friendly competition with shooting buds. I don't carry this and prefer the extended floorplates. Anyone want to trade their extended floor plate for my flat one?

What a great pistol! I wish I had one.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

That gun has new holsters written all over it...for me

What's the difference between the USP45C and the HK45C? I thought the HK45C was developed to improve USP ergonomics.....better grip, ambi controls, etc. Just curious.....

The HK45c does have the improved grip for ergonomics but I like the texture of the USP grip better. The USP Compact 45 is still my go to carry gun.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Thoughts on H&K USPs...

I've had two H&K USPs for about 10 years - the .45 full size and the .40 compact. Both guns have functioned perfectly through many rounds of ammo and I trust them completely. They are also more accurate for me than most handguns, and appear to be sturdy and well made.

The only faults I have found in USPs are that the double action trigger on the full size gun seems very heavy, and both full size and compact seem rather wide and blocky in shape, making them more difficult to conceal than some alternative guns. As a result I don't really carry these guns, but use them for range or home defense. For a compact .45 carry gun I would personally tend to favor a small 1911, Glock 36 or Sig P245.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I have had one for 14 years and it was my EDC for 5 years. 1,800 + rounds and 2 failures to eject with the same box of 50 WW white box. NEVER one other failure with any other brand of hard ball or any SD round...But I now carry a G23 or 4" 1911. As stated by another poster it will never be sold. The only negative is the long DA pull for the first round from the de-cocked position. For street use I enjoy my Glock and 1911, if I knew I was going to war...it would be the HK .45c and all the 200 gr. +P TAP I could carry!
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

jyo
    My USPc is a 9mm stainless slide model---like it a lot! That said, picked-up the newer 45C pistol a while back and it just maybe my favorite smaller 45, that and my little Kahr P45.

Links