Same gun as a BUG anyone?

This is a discussion on Same gun as a BUG anyone? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have always heard to carry a similar type BUG as the primary. And while pondering on this I thought, "What if your primary is ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 210spurdogg
  • 3 Post By Toorop

Thread: Same gun as a BUG anyone?

I have always heard to carry a similar type BUG as the primary. And while pondering on this I thought, "What if your primary is a snub?" I am considering getting a second LCR as a BUG. Carry one on my hip and the other either in my pocket or on my ankle. Has anyone else done this?

Sounds like a good idea, I would feel more comfortable with 2.
    joker1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    If I am carrying a BUG it is usually a Glock 26 to back up my Glock 19 or Glock 17. The fact that I can share magazines is a huge bonus and allows me to save on weight as well as use my Glock 17 magazines as spares for both guns.

Either way it is a good idea as both guns will be familiar to you and you can use the same spare magazines.
    Mike1956, skysoldier29 and joker1 like this.

Like yourself I carry a snub revolver most of the time... And there are times when I feel the need for a second gun. Sometimes it's a very similar snub.

VIP Member
    If you choose to carry a BUG, and you have the resources, a twin to your primary is a very good option. Or, if you carry one full-sized and do not want a second, a smaller model that can accept the larger spare magazines (Glock, M&P....) is also a fine option. Revolvers that can accept the same speed loader is a great benefit.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I remember seeing an episode of The Best Defense where Rob was stating that a second gun, especially a revolver is easier and faster to get to than trying to reload in a stressful situation.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    I have always heard to carry a similar type BUG as the primary. And while pondering on this I thought, "What if your primary is a snub?" I am considering getting a second LCR as a BUG. Carry one on my hip and the other either in my pocket or on my ankle. Has anyone else done this?
    IWB is the only method I have ever been totally comfortable with, so adapted that style for a BUG, as well.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    I remember seeing an episode of The Best Defense where Rob was stating that a second gun, especially a revolver is easier and faster to get to than trying to reload in a stressful situation.
    Yep...saw that same show. He was carrying two snubbys. One strong side and the second small of the back. He advocated shooting one till empty, dropping it and going to the back-up.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I usually carry 2 revolvers. One strong side, one weak side. I figured a "New York" reload was the way to go.
    NRA Life Member

I carry Two Snubs at all times. My Carry Snubs to pick from are 617 Taurus, SP101 Ruger, LCR 357 Ruger, 442 S&,W and 37 S&W. I find Myself carrying the Two Rugers most of the time. Same ammo same speed loaders you get the picture. I am thinking of buying a second LCR 357 and carrying Two of them but, I hate to put away the SP101. One Is in a pocket and the other is IWB. It just depends on what Clothes I ware.

I read an interesting article some years ago about a guy who did "mirror carry" of 2 Glock 26. OWB leather rigs on each side at the 3 and 9. Two snubs would be an ideal combo IMO.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

To each his own, but for me a BUG is a smaller more concealable firearm than my primary.

Primary is Glock 36, back up is Kel tec P3AT.

In the event I need deeper conceal for some occasion or dress style for the event then BUG becomes primary backed up by lock blade folder.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Links