1911 Questions - Page 3

1911 Questions

This is a discussion on 1911 Questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks again for all the information .... I've looked at the gun Thumper shows above and liked it alot..... We have a gun show coming ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1911 Questions

Thanks again for all the information .... I've looked at the gun Thumper shows above and liked it alot..... We have a gun show coming up here in Sept. Hopefully I'll get to go and check out a large selection, and get it narrowed down a little more.

Any member of the Kimber CDP line is an excellent choice, especially for concealed carry. I really like my Ultra CDP II. It's accurate, reliable and easily concealable IWB. I'm currently using Galco's Ultra Deep Cover holster, but have both Tucker and Brommeland models on order.

For a full-size 1911, I have the Kimber Desert Warrior, which is my first choice for a home defense handgun. I like the option of a light rail, and have mounted an Insight Technologies M3X on mine.

I specifically chose models w/ ambi safeties, because my young bride is a lefty. I wanted her to be able to shoot both weapons with ease.

I bought mine new at our monthly gun show. That's a great place to make a choice because there are all manner, size and shape of weapons available, and lots of different dealers, each with their own take on things. Can really give you a good basis for comparison. And if you check out the prices online for your expected choices, you can make sure you get a fair price.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links