Question about comparing different size m&p's

This is a discussion on Question about comparing different size m&p's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm strongly considering an m&p 9c as my first higher capacity carry gun. In my area, there is a full size 4.25 m&p I can ...

Thread: Question about comparing different size m&p's

Question about comparing different size m&p's

I'm strongly considering an m&p 9c as my first higher capacity carry gun. In my area, there is a full size 4.25 m&p I can rent, but no compact. How similar would you say a full size is to the compact (aside from size, of course). I know that I prefer the 4.25 m&p to a glock 17/19 (couldn't hit anything, for some reason). I'm also considering xd sc or xdm compact in 9mm. It's taking all of my willpower to hold off and do my due diligence.

Thanks for your advice!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    It's going to be pretty much the same; the biggest difference is going to be the sight radius.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My M&PC 9mm is a great " little" gun ( Not really so little unless you want to carry an arm breaker!). No problems at the range and, with Trijicon night sights, I have a dandy pkg. that will take me anywhere. With this and my SP101, .327 mag., I feel well armed when needbe. My P22 and LC9 round out my handgun arsenal!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

The 9c is great, I love mine. You can find the size dimensions on the S&W site: M&P Handguns - Smith & Wesson

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    I've had very similar experiences sizing-up/sizing-down between the Glocks, the XD/XDms, and the M&Ps. My chosen platform is the Springfield, but I've tried all three first hand, and they were all pretty much the same, going "up" or "down" through the lines.

I've been using my full-sized gun for range/class work for the past year or so - reserving the "Compact" for carry. Back at the beginning, I actually shot better with the "Compact," which, in-retrospect, is likely due to me focusing more/better, with the smaller firearm. I'm at a point now where I'm just starting to really undertake more concealment training, and I've actually noticed a difference in my shooting, between the two, and will very soon invest in a second "Compact" which I will reserve again for range/class use, to save my carry from wear/tear - so, definitely, as you get more familiar with your chosen platform and progress in your training, you'll want to keep this in-mind, too.

IMHO if you can't hit anything with a G17/19 then you probably can't hit anything with an M&P,you may need to get some professional shooting instruction to figure out what you may be doing wrong,My daughter has a M&P9c and I have the 45c,they both shoot well and my wife actually likes the way the 45c shoots
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links