I now own a New Glock 36

This is a discussion on I now own a New Glock 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had said I was getting out of .45. I had a G30, but it was too thick. I had a RIA 1911, and I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I now own a New Glock 36

I now own a New Glock 36

I had said I was getting out of .45. I had a G30, but it was too thick. I had a RIA 1911, and I just didn't like carrying it. I bought a Taurus PT845, and I liked the gun, but it was just too big for my needs.

So, today, I traded the PT845 (plus a couple bills) for a new Glock 36. I haven't shot it yet, but I'm not averse to recoil. This is a gun I can easily carry and I will give myself time to get used to it. I liked the way the G30 shot, I just didn't like the thickness of it. Hopefully this will be the best of both worlds. We'll see. I'll let you know when I get a chance to run some rounds down the pipe.

So any other G36 owners out there, how would you rate the recoil and shootability of the 36 to the 30?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Mine has been on my hip pretty much every day for the past 3 years and has never let me down. It has never failed to go bang for me and is very easy to conceal. I am 5'10" 135lbs and it dissapears on my no problem. There are internet horror stories about how unreliable the 36 is, but that seems to have been just an issue with the very first batches. Buy a new one, and carry it with confidence. It does have some kick to it being small and light, but it is not at all uncomfortable for me. It does like a firm grip, but I have tried to limp wrist it and couldn't get it to fail even when trying with my off hand. I put 300 rounds thu her yesterday at the range, and no pain to my hands. I trust my life to mine and would have no problem recomending it to anyone.

Congrats on the new Glock-36...
    You will love this gun...
    Guest1 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

G30 is a very soft shooting .45....the G36 on the other hand will let you know you just threw a big chunk of lead downrange....recoil is significantly more than the G30, but not too bad for an experienced shooter.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I haven't fired the G30, but the G36 is my EDC and I love the gun! I find the recoil quite manageable and no issue whatsoever. Congrats on acquiring a fantastic and fun to shoot carry gun.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

Congrats on the new glock

Good luck with your new Glock 36. I own one and, yes the recoil will let you know you're shooting a gun. I don't know how it compares to a G30, but I don't think the G36 is punishing. The key with this gun, like any other is practice, practice and more practice. The more you shoot the gun the less you will notice and anticipate the recoil. It's a natural reflex to react to a loud bang and explosion, especially when it's in your hand. The more you shoot the less it will bother you. I shot heavy 1911 45's before I got the G36, a very noticeable difference in recoil between them. As I shot the G36 more I got used to the recoil and it doesn't bother me at all now. As you practice more your accuracy will improve also. The G36's slim profile also makes it easier to conceal. It's a great shooting gun, and a fun gun to shoot.
    regards
    Ed

Fortunately, I love recoil. The guns I have that are the most fun to shoot are the small light hand hammers. I've got very thick hands and wrists and have been shooting a long time, so I've just got to give myself a chance to get used to this particular weapon. It feels good in hand and carries easily (carrying around the house, won't carry it until I run a few rounds through it). I typically can get used to shooting most anything with a little investment in time and practice. I'm just itching to put some rounds through it. Maybe tomorrow at lunch I can go put a mag or two through it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Congrats on your new purchase. My G36 has been great; one of my favorites.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I'm jealous!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I shoot Glock 36, There is some recoil, but nothing you can't handle. I did a little work to mine. softened the trigger, changed striker assembly, Lasar Sites and am now adding STS for a faster target acquisition. I carry my glock 36 with Cor-Bon Ammo.

moosha

VIP Member
    Bugdude,

The difference in recoil between the G30 & G36 is muzzle flip. Keep you wrist locked and you are good to good. Loosen up and you will have trouble with follow up shots. Also, that firm grip isn't so much to prevent malfunctions, as it is to keep it from "walking" out of your hand. The G36 tends to creep up if you let it.

Enjoy that 36!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Congrats on the new Glock BD. Great choice IMO. It's got some kick, but certainly manageable. Excellent platform to launch a great round, enjoy.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Hope you enjoy your G36 as much as I do mine!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Congrats on the 36!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links