Glock Still Manufacturing Gen 3 Glocks?

This is a discussion on Glock Still Manufacturing Gen 3 Glocks? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I picked up a new Gen 3 Glock 19 today, and I was surprised by two things I found in the box. The first ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Glock Still Manufacturing Gen 3 Glocks?

Well, I picked up a new Gen 3 Glock 19 today, and I was surprised by two things I found in the box.

The first was a brochure on "Glock: 25 Years of Perfection," and the years were 1986 - 2011.

The second was the casing from the test fire shot at the Smyrna, GA HQ. It was collected on 09/26/2011.

These two items brought me to the conclusion that Glock is still manufacturing Gen 3 Glocks, and I was very happy to find this out!
    joker1 and nerdyvirgin like this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

I am glad gen 4 isn't all that's out there.
    joker1 likes this.

and hopefully they dont stop anytime soon.
    joker1 likes this.

I'm a Glock armorer and have heard that the gen 3 is on the books for at least 5 more years,and imho is the best Glock made.
    Mike1956 and joker1 like this.

Glock will continue making gen3's until all the problems associated with the gen4's are fixed..that should be around 2020..
    Guest1 likes this.

I purchased a new in the box 17 about 8 months ago just in case they did away with the gen 3.
    I'm actually not too concerned anymore about the gen 4. From what I've heard, they are now good to go.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    I'm a Glock armorer and have heard that the gen 3 is on the books for at least 5 more years,and imho is the best Glock made.
    3rd Gen is the best they made, but 5 more years of it? I think that may be wishful thinking. As an armorer I would think you can't wait for the Gen 3's to go out of production.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I purchased a new in the box 17 about 8 months ago just in case they did away with the gen 3.
    I'm actually not too concerned anymore about the gen 4. From what I've heard, they are now good to go.
    You heard wrong sir. My G17 is on the third recoil spring and the latest recalled spring did not fix the issue. My G17 is back at Glock as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    You heard wrong sir. My G17 is on the third recoil spring and the latest recalled spring did not fix the issue. My G17 is back at Glock as we speak.
    I have read that the extractor may be the problem. Has Glock discussed that with you?

Yes they are, thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    That implies that your Gen 4 wasn't produced recently...when did you get it?
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
    - Plato

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunKeen View Post
    That implies that your Gen 4 wasn't produced recently...when did you get it?
    Mine was made the last week of July. It's at Glock right now and I was told it will be two weeks. I will share the report with you guys when I get it. I have lost all confidence in the Gen 4 and have wavered in my confidence of Glock.

As far as the extractor suggestion, I believe that this maybe spot on along with an out of spec ejector. On Glock talk they have numerous threads about the new Gen 3's and Gen 4's sharing an out of spec ejector. You know you got a new one if it has a hump in the middle and many of these have issues.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Nutnfancy talked to a Glock rep at the 2011 Shot Show & he said that they are still making Gen3s and will continue to do so. Unfortunately he didn't give an end-date. I would assume that Glock wouldn't dare to pull the Gen3 until either the 4 has been perfected or until they fix all existing problems with a Gen5.
    Nutnfancy SHOT Show 2011: Glock 4th Gen Questions - YouTube

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Nutnfancy talked to a Glock rep at the 2011 Shot Show & he said that they are still making Gen3s and will continue to do so. Unfortunately he didn't give an end-date. I would assume that Glock wouldn't dare to pull the Gen3 until either the 4 has been perfected or until they fix all existing problems with a Gen5.
    Nutnfancy SHOT Show 2011: Glock 4th Gen Questions - YouTube
    What also did the Glock rep say? Yeah there were issues with the Gen 4, but we fixed it. When was shot show January?

I wish Nutt'n would have grilled him a little more!

It's unfortunate to hear that people are having problems with their gen 4 glocks. I have bought two and haven't had an issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links