Defensive Carry banner

The Nano Project - second video

5K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  azchevy 
#1 ·
Hi guys -
I posted this link on another, existing thread, but thought you might want to see the second video of "The Nano Project" series. This is an actual endurance shooting video, with no lube in the gun.
Here's the link: BerettaCommunity's Channel - YouTube

#2 ·
I'm not surprised that the orignal shooter did not finish the 1k rounds by himself. His hand must have been shaking. Pretty impressive. It's worth considering this little guy for a BUG or deep concealment.

Interesting that it was designed and completely manufactured in the good old USA!

#4 ·
Now do the Glock torture test (like someone did with the XD) and I'll be impressed. :)

Running dry for 1000 rounds is one thing, running for 10,000 rounds without a cleaning while be subjected to sand, ice, water and being thrown off a rocky cliff is another.

How much damage was sustained in this 1000 round test?

#10 ·
What's harsh about it? I don't see any other manufacturers feeling the need to make a big deal out of firing a gun 1000 times without lube... What is real world about that and what does it prove?

I may have missed it, but over what period of time was the 1000 rounds fired? 8 hours, 2 days, a week, a month?

To me that's just not much of an endurance test.

I'm not saying it won't be a reliable gun, but to me this video is marketing fluff.

#11 ·
Being around firearms for as long as I have, that is pretty impressive for a mouse gun. I would like to see more manufacturers doing this. But they don't.

Real world? Carrying your weapon in your pocket or on your person for months and forgetting to lube it up after it has dried off...... Bang bang bang..... = desired results

#14 ·
My first PM9 starting having failures to return fully to battery shortly after passing the 1000 round mark. Lady at Kahr told me the recoil spring needs to be replaced at 1000 rounds - a crucial bit of info that was nowhere in the user manual. :doh: Others at Kahr have told me they last 1200-1500 rounds. I'll replace mine every 1000, just to be sure.

If the Nano can go 1000+ rounds without killing its recoil spring, that is indeed impressive. :yup:

I just wish the Nano was smaller than a PM9 - or at least the same size. My PM9 barely fits in some of my pockets - any larger is a no-go. :frown:

#20 ·
I'm thinking the same thing. Nice fit between my LCP and my G26 (although I'm packing the G19 at the moment). I'd really like to have one ready to go with a good holster by next spring. I've started saving ...

Fitch

#16 ·
-
Looking good. I do hope that there are plans to add a mag extension to increase both the capacity & the grip length.

#17 ·
Dropping a gun in dirt or on a rock is more realistic than going 1000 rounds dry, especially a carry weapon.

Get real and don't take it so personally... some of you act like I'm attacking your personal favorite gun and it isn't even on the shelves yet. I'm skeptical, but hopeful... I sincerely hope it's a winner.

#18 ·
Yes, that's correct. It was originally built for the .40 but, is being released in "9" first.
So...the gun is pretty much overbuilt for the 9mm.

I LIKE it when people make Videos and do things to their guns that I don't ever really want to do to my own personal guns. :biggrin2:

I think what running a firearm completely devoid of lubrication proves is that it can only run even better when it's properly lubed.

I know that historically the 1911 was carried completely free of all traces of lubrication in the sub-freezing Arctic temperatures because the lubrication would thicken up and cause function related problems.
So Colt 1911s were extensively MIL tested to run and function completely dry and free of all lubrication.
So now we know that the NANO can function in Siberia in the wintertime. :biggrin2:

"I may have missed it, but over what period of time was the 1000 rounds fired? 8 hours, 2 days, a week, a month?"

I think (watching the VID) that we can pretty much common sense surmise that the 1,000 round test was at least conducted all in one day.

Regarding the "worth" of testing & "destructive" testing specifically - I know that I learned quite a bit from the BUSSE knive destruction testing done over at knifetests.com.

Naturally I personally don't want to spend my own hard earned dollars on a high dollar BUSSE knife and then abuse mine to the point where I finally cause it to fail by beating it through concrete cinder blocks with a 5 LB sledge hammer but, it's nice to know that I can rely on my own identical BUSSE knife to pretty much take any use and necessary abuse that I may need to put it through in an actual survival scenario.

#19 ·
Like I said, I appreciate it and for the 3rd time now I hope it's a winner.

Until it gets in end users hands however, it's marketing and hype. I look forward to seeing how it lives up to the now higher expectations.

I wish more companies would come on here and do this, so I will give them credit.

#21 ·
Interesting Beretta History. Posted just as a FYI. Beretta has been making guns for quite a long time now.

(wikipedia)

Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta is an Italian firearms manufacturer.
Their firearms are used worldwide for a variety of civilian, law enforcement, and military purposes.
It is also known for manufacturing shooting clothes and accessories.

Beretta is the oldest active firearms manufacturer in the world.

Beretta has been owned by the same family for some five hundred years.
The Beretta company was established in 1526, when gunsmith Maestro Bartolomeo Beretta of Gardone Val Trompia (Brescia, Lombardy, Italy) was paid 296 ducats for 185 arquebus barrels by the Arsenal of Venice.
The bills of sale for the order of those firearms are in the firm's archives.

In 1918, the Beretta Model 1918 was the second submachine gun the Italian army fielded. Beretta manufactured rifles and pistols for the Italian military until the 1943 Armistice between Italy and the Allied forces during World War II. With the Wehrmacht's control of northern Italy, the Germans seized Beretta and continued producing arms until the 1945 German surrender in Italy.
In that time, the exterior finish of the weapons was much inferior to both the pre-war and mid-war weapons, but their operation remained excellent. The last shipment of Type I rifles left Venice for Japan in a U-boat in 1942.

After World War II, Beretta was actively involved in repairing the American M1 Garands given to Italy by the U.S. Beretta modified the M1 into the Beretta BM-59 rifle, which is similar to the M14 battle rifle; armourers consider the BM-59 rifle to be superior, in some ways, to the M14 rifle, because it is more accurate under certain conditions.

After the war, Beretta continued to develop firearms for Italian army and police and for civilian market.

In the eighties, Beretta enjoyed a renewal of popularity in North America after its Beretta 92 pistol was selected as service handgun for the United States Army under the designation "M9 pistol".

Beretta acquired several domestic competitors (notably Benelli and Franchi) and some foreign companies (notably in Finland) in the late eighties.

Today, the company is owned and is run by Ugo Gussalli Beretta (a direct descendant of Bartolomeo) and his sons, Franco and Pietro. (The traditional father-to-son Beretta dynasty was interrupted when Ugo Gussalli Beretta assumed the firm's control; uncles Carlo and Giuseppe Beretta were childless; Carlo adopted Ugo, son of sister Giuseppina Gussalli, and named him a Beretta.)

Beretta is known for its broad range of fire arms: side-by-side shotguns, over-and-under shotguns, hunting rifles, express rifles, assault rifles, submachine guns, lever and bolt-action rifles, single and double action revolvers and semi-automatic pistols.

The parent company; Beretta Holding, also owns Beretta USA, Benelli, Franchi, SAKO, Stoeger, Tikka, Uberti, and the Burris Optics company.
The model Beretta 92FS is the primary side arm of the United States Army, Marine Corps, and Air Force, designated the M9 pistol.
In 1985, Beretta was chosen after a controversial competition to produce the M9, winning a contract for 500,000 pistols. A condition of the original agreement was domestic fabrication of the M9.
The Beretta USA factory, in Accokeek, Maryland, manufactures military, police, and civilian pistols.

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.