The Nano Project - second video

This is a discussion on The Nano Project - second video within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys - I posted this link on another, existing thread, but thought you might want to see the second video of "The Nano Project" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Nano Project - second video

Hi guys -
    I posted this link on another, existing thread, but thought you might want to see the second video of "The Nano Project" series. This is an actual endurance shooting video, with no lube in the gun.
    Here's the link: BerettaCommunity's Channel - YouTube

I'm not surprised that the orignal shooter did not finish the 1k rounds by himself. His hand must have been shaking. Pretty impressive. It's worth considering this little guy for a BUG or deep concealment.

Interesting that it was designed and completely manufactured in the good old USA!
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

IMPRESSIVE!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Now do the Glock torture test (like someone did with the XD) and I'll be impressed. :)

Running dry for 1000 rounds is one thing, running for 10,000 rounds without a cleaning while be subjected to sand, ice, water and being thrown off a rocky cliff is another.

How much damage was sustained in this 1000 round test?

I found it interesting to see that the shooter never used the slide release to RTB?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    I found it interesting to see that the shooter never used the slide release to RTB?
    There isn't one to use. Correct me if that's wrong, but I don't think it has any external controls.
    Last edited by DocGlock; October 20th, 2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typo
    Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by DocGlock View Post
    There isn't one to use. Correct me is that's wrong, but I don't think it has any external controls.
    I dont know either but that would explain why.

It was just something I picked up on?

I'm really liking this gun - WANT!
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Now do the Glock torture test (like someone did with the XD) and I'll be impressed. :)

Running dry for 1000 rounds is one thing, running for 10,000 rounds without a cleaning while be subjected to sand, ice, water and being thrown off a rocky cliff is another.

Pretty harsh....

How many weapons does XD or glock make in this size? How many pocket guns do you think would pass this kind of test? Have any manufacturers done this kind of testing on their pocket guns?

What's harsh about it? I don't see any other manufacturers feeling the need to make a big deal out of firing a gun 1000 times without lube... What is real world about that and what does it prove?

I may have missed it, but over what period of time was the 1000 rounds fired? 8 hours, 2 days, a week, a month?

To me that's just not much of an endurance test.

I'm not saying it won't be a reliable gun, but to me this video is marketing fluff.

What's harsh about it? I don't see any other manufacturers feeling the need to make a big deal out of firing a gun 1000 times without lube... What is real world about that and what does it prove?

I may have missed it, but over what period of time was the 1000 rounds fired? 8 hours, 2 days, a week, a month?

To me that's just not much of an endurance test.

I'm not saying it won't be a reliable gun, but to me this video is marketing fluff.
    Being around firearms for as long as I have, that is pretty impressive for a mouse gun. I would like to see more manufacturers doing this. But they don't.

Real world? Carrying your weapon in your pocket or on your person for months and forgetting to lube it up after it has dried off...... Bang bang bang..... = desired results
    OD* likes this.

I appreciate the effort and time will tell. It could very well be a great little gun and I've had positive experiences with Beretta myself.

By the sounds of it this gun will fly off the shelves faster than an ice cube down the back of your neck.

Someone needs to learn the difference between a service sidearm and a pocket gun. Going 1000 rounds dry is plenty impressive for a pocket/deep concealment 9mm pistol. If this pistol has a good, short reset trigger pull like most striker fired guns, it will be in a class by itself among pistols of its size. Seeing as how I'm not silly enough to throw my guns off cliffs, bury them in sand or freeze them in a block of ice before I carry them, I should be fine. Beretta states that the gun is overbuilt, and if 1000 round reliability without lubrication or cleaning is possible, I don't see why it wouldn't do well in a ridiculous "torture" test, for those pretend commandos who demand such things. Never know when you might have to use your Nano to fend off a zombie attack while falling off a cliff into a sand dune in subzero temperature while out shopping, I suppose.

I bet it outperforms the Kahr PM9 by a good margin under any circumstances. It's been my experience that Beretta knows how to build pistol magazines that don't dump all of their rounds out if you don't baby them.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

My first PM9 starting having failures to return fully to battery shortly after passing the 1000 round mark. Lady at Kahr told me the recoil spring needs to be replaced at 1000 rounds - a crucial bit of info that was nowhere in the user manual. Others at Kahr have told me they last 1200-1500 rounds. I'll replace mine every 1000, just to be sure.

If the Nano can go 1000+ rounds without killing its recoil spring, that is indeed impressive.

I just wish the Nano was smaller than a PM9 - or at least the same size. My PM9 barely fits in some of my pockets - any larger is a no-go.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I for one am very impressed, and exited about being a Beretta owner again. This gun will fit perfectly in between my LCP and my G26 in size for carry. I have never liked any of the small single stacks currently available.

I like that it was designed for the .40 tolerances from the get go. This should make it a smooth shooter in a 9mm.
    Fitch and GreyGhost like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links